Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung cancelled order but not releasing hold on credit card

(Topic created on: 09-11-2021 11:34 PM)
User114
First Poster
Options

I tried to purchase an S21, but for some reason Samsung cancelled my order. They were so quick to cancel the order, but over a week now and they still have a hold on my credit card.

This may not be the forum for this issue, but Samsung pretty much has no other way of contacting them online. There is a chat supposedly, but it doesn't actually work.

I suppose this is more of a warning to make others aware of Samsung unethical financial practices. I had a similar issue last year trying to purchase from the Samsung website and it took over a month for them to release the hold my my card. I managed to contact an agent then, who told me I should place my order again, which Samsung again cancelled, but kept the hold on my card. So right around Christmas I had two major holds on my credit card. 

I have never had this experience with credit card holds before. Within a maximum of 5 days my card is released and usually it is within a day or two. This is really suspicious financial practices on the part of Samsung. 

I just wanted to warn other people out there. If you have a cancellation Samsung will hold your money for over a month, which means you don't have access to purchase other things you might need to. 

Personally I'm done with Samsung, but I know some people out there really like their phones. I just want to warn you to maybe hold off on purchasing if you need access to your card right after, just in case they take long to release the hold on you card.

I still don't even know why they cancelled the order. Right after I was able to use the card fine on another website. 

Their customer service once you've hit the Buy button is terrible. They make you go round in circles to prevent you from actually being able to contact them online.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Hi @User114. Sorry to hear this experience hasn't been the best. Have you contacted the Online Shop Team on 03307 267 467? They will be the best people top deal with this for you. 

0 Likes
User114
First Poster
Options

That phone number is not working. I just got an important transaction declined because of this ridiculous hold. 

0 Likes
User114
First Poster
Options

and yes ... as I described in my initial post, Samsung holds on to your money for weeks even though they cancelled the transaction. Completely unethical!

0 Likes
User114
First Poster
Options

What is the US number to contact?

0 Likes
Coreyt
First Poster
Options

@User114 I ordered the s23 ultra with Samsung financing though in the cart the promo wasn't showing. The lady from Samsung told me pay full price or cancel and reorder it I said will this be removed right away. She assured me yes. I canceled it's been 3 days and I still can't order due to it still showing on my credit

0 Likes