Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns with minor damage

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 07:36 PM)
avizor6791
Student
Options

I bought a Z flip 3 a few days ago on the samsung website via the samsung pay where you pay monthly for just the handset without a sim card. I love the phone but the battery life is so disappointing, so i'm contemplating returning the phone for a refund. I've been using the phone for the last couple days so it's already got some small minor surface scratches on both sides of the back glass, literally just from putting it in and taking it out of my pocket so no real damage. I spoke to an agent on the chat and explained, they said there is a 28 day cooling off period which I know about, but she also said that I would not be charged for returning the phone with the minor damage, is this true? 

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Depending on the damage really.
But think I'd use a case in all honesty. They are so easy to drop.
The battery software be going through a learning your usage patterns, and can be inconsistent for a couple of weeks.
There are things like turning off features that you don't use.
There will be battery saving options.
But I'd keep using it like normal until the software has settled and see how you get on
avizor6791
Student
Options
The damage is extremely minor and barely what I'd even call damage!
I've researched all of the battery saving options and applied them, but I didn't know the software had that sort of learning so that's interesting. I'll definitely be keeping it for at least a week or so to see how I get on like you said, hopefully I can get used to it and it improves because its a great phone
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes as @Glenntech said, the first 1-2 weeks the phone does go through a phase of learning usage patterns and optimisation meaning that battery life may he a little all over the place. Not to mention the fact that its running Android 12 when you got it means the system has even more to adjust to. This was the case when I bought an S21 just over q week ago, the first few days battery was a little all over the place, it has now settled down a lot and its only been about 10 days.so I'd give it another week see if the phone settles down and then if it doesnt then return it. Hope it helps 👌
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds minor enough that they would accept it then.
Definitely give it a chance.
The battery size will be quite small as you'd expect being there's a hinge taking up a bit of room.
But it should last a day, depending on how heavy a user you are
0 Likes