Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking System in Samsung Members

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 02:57 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hey everyone,

I would like to understand; how the ranking system works in the Samsung Members app?

For instance, as of now, I am a 'Voyager', yet in the past, I was a 'Writer'. Which rank is better and is there some sort of tier list, so that when you reach the top, you may become a Superuser? How do you increase said 'rank' as well and does this provide any actual benefit? Previously, the ranks that I remember also being are 'Navigator' and 'Apprentice'.

In addition, why is 'Writer' in blue, similar to the 'Superuser' title? Is that a high rank and if so, why am I not a 'Writer' anymore? Any explaination is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Liquid

P.S. How can I add tags? Even though Samsung has explained when writing a post, I still struggle entering tags 😅.

P.P.S. What does the blue asterisk next to my rank mean?
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,

New Member Just Browsing

Observer Back for More New Member Just Browsing Observer Back for More First Poster Apprentice Explorer Navigator Pathfinder Voyager Helping Hand Troubleshooter New Member Just Browsing Observer Back for More First Poster Apprentice Explorer Navigator Pathfinder Voyager Helping Hand troubleshooter Hotshot Big Cheese Black Belt Maestro Mastermind GrandMaster Legend Superuser I Superuser II Superuser III

There are moderators and community managers, and these are people you can turn to for more specific support!

👨 🔬Hotshot 🔥Big Cheese 🧀Black Belt 🥋Maestro 🕺Mastermind 👩 🎓GrandMaster 🥇Legend 👩 🎤Superuser I Superuser II Superuser III
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
That's nice you posted a bunch of ranks, but that doesn't mean anything, as it doesn't answer the questions in my post! I am seriously confused with this large database of ranks you have hurled at me!
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
As you post and comment
How active
Issue solved
Helping others
I guess you move
Up the ladder 🪜
AntS
Options

Cheers @xSteveuk!

@LiquidSnake ,

• Writer = On the Members apps version. Denotes the Original Poster of the topic (when they post later in that thread).
  • Asterisk = On the Members app version. Appears next to your username to show that it’s your own comment.
  • Tags: On the Members app version of Community, tags can only be added when you’re posting a topic:

Screenshot_20210628-144434_Samsung Members.jpg

• List of the automated Community ranks from the Samsung Members Community User Guide (Members app > bell icon > Notices): 

Screenshot_20210628-133855_Samsung Members.jpg

As per the screenshot, they’re automatically awarded based on Community activity. The exact activity needed to achieve them has always been shrouded in mystery though. 😉

Superuser ranks are awarded by the Community Team based on positive Community activity and behaviour.

And that Community Team consists of: Moderators, Managers and Admin, who are all staff – i.e. we work for Samsung.

A bit more about Superusers and what the staff do here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-guidelines/m-p/521835/highlight/true#M... ; and some of the benefits of being a Superuser: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/videos/samsung-community-superuser-experience-ifa-2019/ba-p/1348... and https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/ifa-2019-and-the-community-berlin-superuser-exper... (pre-Covid times).

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Thanks for the insight @AntS! Would like to know what the mystery is haha. Arr, I'm even more tempted to become a Superuser now! 😄
0 Likes
justarandomperson
Navigator
Options
Im an apprentice an i posted one post and I remember being a new member
0 Likes
justarandomperson
Navigator
Options
Now a journeyman but it isnt on there?
0 Likes
justarandomperson