Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly charged? Anyone else?

(Topic created on: 20-04-2022 02:37 PM)
Jakku
Pioneer
Options

Just a random question for you guys.

This morning I got a random £570 charge from Samsung which is the exact discount of my trade in device, I've obviously contacted Samsung over this, what's weird is that I haven't received anything from Samsung for why they charged me and if it was due to my trade in device(which was in perfect condition no internal or external damage, maybe the corners where a bit scratched which is fine according to T&C's) they usually send a email, letter or call saying what the surcharge is and how to pay it but this time they decided to not let me know and randomly take it out of my account luckily I didn't have my Money in my account.

Did get a email saying from Samsung saying(We have received your Trade-in device. No further action is required from you at this point and we'll send you another email once your device(s) have been processed.) but surely if they're charging me it means my devices are processed right which means I should of still got an email.

Man the whole situation makes me disappointed, waited months for my devices because of delays with no explanation why, the package arrived highly iffy with no protection, I was meant to get a trade in package but never did. Just highly confused because my last few trade ins with surcharges where never like this(I managed to get rid of the charges due to it being an error on there end but atleast I received an email about it that time!)

So just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it's the norm to be randomly charged with no notice or contact about said charges? If you have please tell me your experience with it and any advice?

P.s Like I said both devices where in very good condition, only the original screen protector was scratched and I took that off and again usually corner scratches on the metal due to cases but that's ok in t&c as per the thing also I packaged the devices very well like tones of bubble wrap and loads of tape would of been a nightmare to open which is my bad but paranoid about my postal service being abusive to packages which they have etc

~Me and Samsung are in a love hate relationship....it's kinda messy though!~
7 REPLIES 7
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, the exact same thing happened to me, they took £900 odd with £300 for my s10 perfect condition s10 trade-in, instead they sent back my s10 & took the full amount from my bank account £1300 off me when I purchased my s21 ultra on launch day, I was meant to pay
Jakku
Pioneer
Options

Wow really that's wild, almost feels scammy, make you pay the discount to entice you in then bam hit you later with the full fee!

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
FACTS.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I hope you end up on top of the situation, I wouldn't wish what happened to me on anyone.
Hope things work out for you.
Jakku
Pioneer
Options

Honestly wouldn't be surprised I love there products but I'm wary of Samsung themselves I don't care if it gets me hate I just know of there past, especially with how they treated there factory workers who got cancer etc and acted like it wasn't there fault despite inaducated ppe etc. Honestly they can be shady so that's why I'm concerned and confused about money being taken from me a disabled person who struggles to get by having there money taken randomly the only reason I brought said devices because of the discounts and freebies, I need products I can trust that will get me out of a pinch can't live without my phone because it's basically my life line and the last time I brought a cheap phone it let me down when I needed it the most! Fell down the stairs and the phone broke so easily.

Jakku
Pioneer
Options

Thank you I appreciate the thought, just can't handle having that money taken away at the moment it's a whole two months bills worth! Just the thought gives me the chille

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
And if anyone shows you hate for telling the truth then the problem lies with them not you.
Once again hope things work out for you.