Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proof of ownership with IMEI number

(Topic created on: 14-12-2022 05:11 PM)
Members_cqC5wbN
Student
Options

Hi. My Samsung S10 bought from QVC in March 2020 was stolen on holiday in September 2022. Dealing with the travel insurance company has been as joyful and as Christmassy an experience as you might imagine (but I realise I'm lucky in life and this challenge might be a first-world problem) . Anyway I have proof of delivery, the purchase emails from QVC  at the time and now another proof of purchase kindly sent by QVC. But amongst many other things, the insurers want proof of purchase WITH THE PHONE'S IMEI NUMBER, which so far QVC say is only on the phone box (long ago recycled). Does anyone know if Samsung would be able to provide such proof to me, or me via QVC? Thanks so much for any help or observations, if you've read all this! (PS I have my IMEI number, proof from my network provider of using this phone and IMEI, and proof I used the phone and IMEI on the day/place of the theft etc.)

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Did you block the phone when it was stolen ?? This would be either Samsung or Google. And the sim card with your network provider. As all would need some type of ownership, i.e., IMEI number or some other kind of proof.
I know that if you were with ee, you could get the IMEI off their website. When you log in.
Members_cqC5wbN
Student
Options

Thanks a lot for your reply. I blocked the phone with Three. and they have since helpfully provided proof that I used that phone with the IMEI. Sadly the insurers also want proof of actual purchase/receipt containing the IMEI number - not just that I bought that type of phone.  Thanks so much again for taking the time to assist.

0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Insurance companies eh? - almost as bad as estate agents!
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Surely QVC should be able to prove hat phone they sent to you?
0 Likes