Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Product Is Already Registered

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 06:57 AM)
centralohioguy
Journeyman
Options

I got a new S21 Plus, went to type in the IMEI to register the phone, and it came back as 'already registered.'  So does that mean this phone was returned or something?  I suspect it maybe was, because it's easily the slowest phone I've ever had, barely connects to data or internet, and wanted to ask for some help.  Does anybody know why it says this was already registered?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
you will probably get more accurate answers if you chase this up with the person or place you purchased the device also in the Samsung members app go to the get help section and check the device with virtual and digital checks you can do
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
phone care

Screenshot_20210304-033718_Samsung Members.jpg

centralohioguy
Journeyman
Options

I bought it from the Samsung website.

0 Likes
centralohioguy
Journeyman
Options

Excellent, thank you I'll try that right now!

0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
reported immediately to Samsung then tell them the issue and obviously you can check records for you purchase in the device I can't remember them off the top of my head there is also other quotes you can type into your keypad and get further information about your device whether it is legit or not what it meant to be but don't did you get a promotional gift of any type
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Can I ask if it was the member app you registered your phone. The same happened to me when I put my IMEI number in with my note 20 ultra. I pre ordered for release date but my first device was sent back as it was marked. Received the second one 7days later after they received my first device. I just put it down to that it was registered automatically. It had no signs of it being used.
Solution
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
phones are automaticly linked to your account. no need to worry. it is different with other samsung products where you need to add them manually.
centralohioguy
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for putting my mind at ease!  I figured it might be automatically registered when one orders from the Samsung website, now I know for sure.

0 Likes
centralohioguy
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply!

0 Likes