Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problem with Google Assistant

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 05:01 PM)
Dimsi
Student
Options
Hello!

Recently I realized that my Google Assistant is not working on my phone. I've used the GA for the entire summer and all of the sudden it stopped working. When I opened the the GA app it says that "The Google Assistant isn't supported on this device". I use S22 Ultra and I tried everything and still no luck. Anyone with the same issue or me only?

Thanks
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Google assistant is built in to the system of the device. You do not need to download the assistant app. You could download Google home app to organize things if you have other smart devices. Otherwise you go into your Google account settings if you need to change settings for G-assistant 

JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Google assistan app is quicker way to reach the settings for it. So app is useful instead of needing to go other way around or using Google homes to do it.
0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Try this go to settings--> apps --> look for assistant and wipe cache and data and see if it works afterwards. You could also from there press Force stop button if it's running. Then try opening Google assistant again.
0 Likes
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@JakeSully even faster is just saying hey Google, open assistant settings. Or just hold the home button to pop up assistant and tap the account photo.

0 Likes
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Not if the there is an issue with it. Then hey Google won't work either
0 Likes
Solution
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

If there's an issue with Google assistant working then the Google app cache needs to be cleared. Google assistant is built in to the Google app. The assistant app available in the play store is redundant and not needed on newer android devices. Go to Google in the main settings then under settings for Google apps it's the last option, search, assistant and voce. That is all the settings for the stock Google assistant app that comes pre-installed on the device. 

bitte38
First Poster
Options
Jag behöver svar på svenska
0 Likes
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@bitte38 as per community guidelines we are to communicate in English since this is an area for all Nordic countries. There is a possibility that a fellow Swede would be willing to help explain if Google translate doesn't help. 

0 Likes
bitte38
First Poster
Options
???
0 Likes