Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Service

(Topic created on: 16-03-2022 02:38 PM)
Plod
Explorer
Options

On ordering my S22 Ultra I paid £3.99 to choose a delivery date and slot.  But to cut a long story short, the phone wasn’t delivered when I asked.  It arrived 2 days before.  Samsung customer services now are refusing to refund the money paid to choose a delivery date saying that as the phone arrived early it doesn’t meet the criteria.  How ridiculous!  Why offer the option of paying for a specified delivery slot on a specific day when if you don’t meet it you keep the money?  I paid it to ensure I knew when it was coming so I could arrange being at home.  £3.99 isn’t a lot of money but it’s the principle of the matter.  How many other people have found the same? I’ve lodged a formal complaint.

I also took out the finance and made the initial payment with a credit card, as you are meant to have better protection online if something goes wrong.   However I have since found out that this payment was processed as a cash withdrawal, with subsequent charges and interest.  Samsung finance are claiming no responsibility as is the card company…..just though I’d highlight this to anyone else thinking of using the finance option.

I’ve bought lots of Samsung products and phones, but this level of customer service leaves a real sour taste in the mouth………….don’t particularly want to move over to Apple, but their level of customer service has always been excellent…….Come on Samsung sort it out!
6 REPLIES 6
Kene87
Pathfinder
Options
I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience.

As frustrating as it sounds I'm glad you've received the phone but it was late but anything can happen while the phone is in transit. Have uou asked what happened to why they were late? £3.99 I personally wouldn't asked for refund, the phone is with you 🙂
0 Likes
Plod
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry I might have confused you.  The phone wasn’t late.  It was 2 days early.  But I had made arrangements etc to be home on the day I had chosen.  But being delivered on a different day meant I had to rearrange things.  If I had known the delivery day would have been random I would have kept my money.

The payment of £3.99 was pointless.  How many other people have had the same situation, if you then add up all the £3.99s someone has benefited.

Obviously the amount is small,  but it’s the whole principle.

We all have our opinions.

0 Likes
Kene87
Pathfinder
Options
Oooh I apologise, my error for reading too fast and think you meant late.

Ahh yes I understand, I wouldn't be very happy for them to come two days early as that date has been specifically chosen for a resson.

Mmm, I think it's fair they give you the refund as it was early, wrong of them and they should have contacted you that the delivery will be earlier than expected.

I hope it doesn't happen again 🤞🏽
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Plod 

The same happened with the delivery of my Samsung Galaxy s²²Ultra 256gb in Phantom Black.

I was given the 25th of February as the delivery date and I paid the extra for a before 10:30am delivery slot.

After being updated by Samsung and DPD it consequently was delivered on the 21st of February to my place of work and was still before 10:30am so I was OK with that. 👍

However with a recent order placed on samsung.com for a Samsung Galaxy Watch ⁴ Classic watch,  and extra watch strap and a smarttag I again chose a date and paid £3.99 for a before 10:30am delivery slot, but that delivery date came and went without any Samsung or DPD notification.

A day or so later after speaking a few times with the Samsung Online Shop Team via 03307267467 and support@samsunguk.zendesk.com it transpired the watch was low stock, and Samsung couldn't give me an expected delivery date. 😑 

Argos had them in stock so I requested a refund.

Samsung refunded the money minus the £3.99 delivery charge. 🙄

I like you appreciate it's a low amount however the principal stands that I didn't recieve the package at all as it was cancelled in good time so there's no reason to withhold this delivery charge.

I've pointed this out via email and am awaiting a response after receiving the usual ' we have recieved your email ' automated response.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Plod
Explorer
Options

Ha, exactly.  Samsung Customer Service has previously been fine.  But on this point I just don’t understand their stance.  I’ll try to remember to post what the result of my formal complaint.  I wish you good luck with your refund efforts.

0 Likes
Aimeeliu
First Poster
Options

it is really poor customer service. I am exhausted to get my refund from them...

0 Likes