Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic Forum Software

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 02:56 PM)
rsbrux
Explorer
Options

Where did Samsung get this miserable forum software?

Wouldn't it save the server(s) a lot of unnecessary work if one could access advanced search options or apply filters *before* running the search?

I can't even tell it I only want to search for a keyword in topic titles, not in the entire thread or post text.

Furthermore, the date filter is problematic because of the way search results are displayed.

The filter apparently works on the most recent post in the topic (thread), but the date displayed in the thread list is the date the thread was started.

In addition

1. I always have to click the login button twice after filling inmy address and password.  The first time, I am told that the password is wrong, but if I click again, without changing anything, the login succeeds.
  2. Who dreamed up the non-standard date format used on forum posts?  The ISO standard format is YYYY-MM-DD, not MM-DD-YYYY.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@rsbrux  Thanks for the input  and though there may be issues, constructive criticism is more likely  to be noted.

Anyway filtering tech in Lounge Area I got 36 results, across all forums/Newsroom it was 759.

Filtering just Smart Phones gave me 332 results.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=tech&location=ca... 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=tech&location=ca... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
rsbrux
Explorer
Options

Over a year later and these two issues still haven't been addressed:

1. I still have to click the login button (at least) twice after filling in my address and password.  The first time, I am told that the password is wrong, but if I click again, without changing anything, the login succeeds.  I am now running Firefox 89.0.2 under Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2, but when I first posted this thread, I was still on Windows 8.1, and have been through numerous Firefox updates since, none of which have changed this behaviour.
  2. The date format used on forum posts has at least changed to DD-MM-YYYY, which is more logical than MM-DD-YYYY.  However, the ISO standard format (YYYY-MM-DD) would still be preferable.

Furthermore:

1. The "unlink" function doesn't work to remove a link.  Instead, I have to select the linked text, click the "link" symbol in the toolbar and delete the contents of the link field.
  2. The display of "My subscriptions" is useless because it is language-specific, even though there is no visible difference in the  URLs for fora in different languages.
  3. The search function is no help: a search for my handle over all forums yielded 53 hits.  My handle wasn't mentioned in any of them.

Fortunately, the notifications page appears to be language-independent.

0 Likes