Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership with School design- project in Finland

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 10:25 AM)
MarkkuL
First Poster
Options

I am currently working as a pedagogical adviser in an enthusiastic School Design project in Uusikaupunki. We are now in the middle of a design process of the Education and Welfare Center (including basic school, college, kindergarten, community college, swimming hall etc.)  

For the project, we have set up a popup school, which is called Demotila (Demo Space). It’s an experimental, flexible and adaptable environment for schooling and used by teachers, students, kids, pupils etc. 

Activities and learning scenarios in Demo Space are really future oriented. Demotila is a temporary learning landscape set up for testing new and innovative products, technologies and software in education. All activities and tests will support our decision making  in the future procurement process, which will be actual in a couple of years. 

We have at the moment all the biggest furniture companies in Finland as partners, but now we are looking for digital tools for blended learning, inquiry-based learning and interactive whiteboards.  

We would like to invite Samsung for an interesting and inspiring partnership with perhaps the biggest popup school in the world and of course also equip with Samsung's products (if users like them) with this new Education and Welfare Center starting from 2024. 

Previously, when i was working as a Future Classroom Lab Lead Ambassador in Finland (fcl.eun.org), we tested Samsung's classroom management software and we had Samsung tablets and touch screens in use.  Now we would  like to give teachers an experience of Samsung's current learning landscape combined with products such as Flip2, because we have been so 

We are now creating with Turku University Department of Future Technologies a new virtual learning landscape which is using AR and VR. We have many design objectives and it would be interesting to see how Samsung products would be adapted to this scene also.  

I hope this message will reach right department/person. 

Kind Regards

Markku Lang

Pedagogical designer

www.oppimaisema.com

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0