Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on bigger phones

(Topic created on: 30-07-2021 10:42 PM)
Samflir
Journeyman
Options
I love the size of my S10e but am put off upgrading from it because Samsung's newer flagship models are all considerably bigger. Users of big phones, how do you cope with being unable to easily reach corners of the screen? Do you use one-handed mode or one-handed operation+ a lot?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Samfir I used to prefer smaller devices (though that was partly due to costs at the time) but thought I would like a bigger phone now. Therefore I was weighing up the options on  the S21 Plus and Ultra. Seeing as there is not a big difference in screen size and I viewed the Ultra as superior I decided to go for that one (some discounts made it worthwhile)

Anyway perhaps it will take a bit of time to get used to but personally I feel the benefit and the S10 seems small to me now 😁. I do tend to use the One Handed Mode occasionally  but and have not really had many problems anyway.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My last phone was an S10 and I got an S21 Ultra. I thought it was too big and heavy and almost returned it. What stopped me was the incredible battery life of the Ultra. After a while I got used to it and now find the s10 tiny.
I'm glad I made the switch.
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
The app One Hand Operation + from the Paystore is pretty useful- let's you set up " handles " at both edges of the screen and use swipe motions to carry out various options
Samflir
Journeyman
Options
It's great. I have 36 configured!
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Simple answer is get the s21 it's not much bigger than the s10e I know this as I have an s21 and my partner has s10e, s21 is slightly longer but it's slightly narrower
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I personally would love to have a small flagship smartphone 🙂 There is also the issue about phone UI is designed for right handed people (And I'm left handed :winking-face: ). So there are definitely benefits to smaller phones.