Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No idea which new Samsung phone to choose

(Topic created on: 21-04-2023 09:46 PM)
AuroraAndroid
Apprentice
Options

Hello again. My original message missed certain points. Please could someone recommend a Samsung phone based on the following:

Samsung Android. Budget: 200€

4G. Needs to run several apps, including Huawei Health (paired with a wearable Honor Band 5). Pinterest, Duolingo, Art Puzzle, YouTube, Google etc. 

Video capability - nothing fancy! The camera on my current, but tired, Galaxy S7 is more than adequate. 

I sometimes print wirelessly from my phone to a Canon Pixma printer.

I hardly use it for calls, but I do send texts.

I don't care how it looks or what colour it is, as long as it is as easy to use as my S7. 

Thank you in advance.

Kindest regards

Aurora

11 REPLIES 11
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
It depends on your budget but I'd say you can't go wrong with the Galaxy A54 5G, great screen for YouTube, nice 50mp camera for when you're filming videos, and a huge 5000mAh battery that should get you through the day!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree with @Ry-Galaxy  that the A54 5G seems to be a good choice for your needs https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a54-5g-  or there is the previous version A53 5G https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a53-5g- 

With the S series more expensive, S20 FE though one of the more affordable options https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-s/galaxy-s20-fe-5g 

A look at a variety of Samsung Devices here https://www.androidauthority.com/best-samsung-phones 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @AuroraAndroid 

I would advise to take your time looking at the various options offered by Samsung and also use comparison sites to which Samsung has one on their website and such as YouTube to look at reviews to help make a shortlist of phone's that interest you.

And then go to a Samsung Experience Store or Network Highstreet Store to have hands on with the phone's to help you make a final decision.

Above all enjoy the journey. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AuroraAndroid
Apprentice
Options

Hello Ry-Galaxy.

Thank you for your response. I am in a country where 5G is patchy, so that is not for me. I am also not going to spend 500€ on a phone. I would on plants, but not a phone. 😊🌱🌼

I'm looking at spending around 200€, and as previously mentioned, I don't need an all singing, all dancing phone. Just one that will run happily a few apps without crashing and without eating the battery within a few hours. 

Kindest regards. 

Aurora 🌞

AuroraAndroid
Apprentice
Options

Hello BandofBrothers

Thank you for your response. I'll take a look at some reviews on YouTube, that's a good idea.

0 Likes
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Upon reading that I'd say the Galaxy A14 is spot on for you then!
4G device, still a nice 50mp camera and huge 5000mAh battery, it'll run apps perfectly fine as you aren't playing any intensive games and I believe pricing is around the 180€ range (don't quote me however as my currency is £) ~ good option imo!
AuroraAndroid
Apprentice
Options

Hello again. My original message missed certain points. Please could someone recommend a Samsung phone based on the following:

Samsung Android. Budget: 200€

4G. Needs to run several apps, including Huawei Health (paired with a wearable Honor Band 5). Pinterest, Duolingo, Art Puzzle, YouTube, Google etc. 

Video capability - nothing fancy! The camera on my current, but tired, Galaxy S7 is more than adequate. 

I sometimes print wirelessly from my phone to a Canon Pixma printer.

I hardly use it for calls, but I do send texts.

I don't care how it looks or what colour it is, as long as it is as easy to use as my S7. 

Thank you in advance.

Kindest regards

Aurora

0 Likes
AuroraAndroid
Apprentice
Options

That's so kind of you, thank you. I will look at reviews of the A14.

Thank you very much. 🙏🏻

Dave123456789
Navigator
Options
See if you can source a A52s for around that price. Might be able to get one refurbished as well, better for the environment. The A52s is a fantastic phone that is in some ways better than the A54. Will still be supported with software updates for a couple of years too.
0 Likes