Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo QLED TV - QN95a screen goes black with my new Apple TV 4K (2021) box

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 03:11 PM)
Tordern
First Poster
Options

Last week Samsung told me on phone I need to wait for an update to the TV software but couldn´t tell when this will happen, as the new Apple TV and the QA95a (I have the QE65QN95AATXXC) are not "compatible" --- but is this really the case? Do anyone else has this problem?

What happens is that I see the picture clearly for around 15 - 20 seconds, then the screen goes black for 7 - 15 seconds, and repeat...  So it is practically not possible to watch anything (from the Apple TV box).

I have tested the Apple TV 4K (2021) box at my local store on another Neo QLED screen (they don´t have the QA95a) and it works fine, I have also tried with multiple HDMI cables on my TV but it doesn´t change the behaviour.

My TV works fine with my Nintendo Switch.

Does anyone else know about, or have this problem? Or could it be a HW-problem with my TV?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Quotidian
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm afraid I can't provide any answers on this only ask more questions. I too have a (week old) QN95A TV (QE75QN95AATXXU).  I do not have an Apple TV, but I am using a Sky Q+ box connected via the HDMI 3 ARC port on the connect one box via a Denon receiver. Intermittently, I have experienced loss of picture and sound when using this source i.e. Sky (which I use for ~90% of the time) and the receiver is switched off. The screen goes blank for 2-3 seconds before audio and picture return.   It has occurred 8 or 9 times since I set the TV up.  Samsung technical support have told me set-top boxes such as Sky Q are recommended to be connected to to HDMI port #1.  The also suggested a new HDMI cable and resetting the TV.  I will try these options, but I would prefer to use the ARC port as for surround sound.  My questions are, how are you connecting the Apple TV and did Samsung technical support make a similar suggestion regards ARC?

0 Likes
Tordern
First Poster
Options

Hi, I tried all 4 HDMI inputs on the TV as well as with multiple HDMI cables and same behaviour (AppleTV falling out for 7 to 15 second once or twice A MINUTE). It didn´t go anywhere with Samsung technical support. Even after I told them I brought my AppleTV to my TV-retail-store and tested it there (and it worked fine). Sad to say. Luckily I had the possibility to return the TV (within 60 days) to where I bought it, and I ordered a new one (same model). The new one works perfectly with my Apple TV....(let´s hope it was just my first TV that had this problem, but more likely it is a production batch maybe)

0 Likes
Saldy_01
First Poster
Options

we’re the same. I have that issue also. I don’t know either what to do. Only thing I did now is removed my Apple TV box on my slim connect box and I don’t experience that issue for now. I hope it will last.

0 Likes
tcpuccio1
Student
Options

did you ever get this resolved? I kind of have the same issue with a au800F series TV my apple box keeps cutting out ever few seconds.  I had this on an older 5 series TV no issues whatsoever new TV and it's literally unwatchable 

0 Likes
Tordern
First Poster
Options

Nope, as you can see above in my replay to the first answer. E.g. I returned the TV and bought a new and that worked fine. I am still unhappy about me having to pay transport two times for a malfunctioning product but have had no trouble with the new set.

0 Likes