Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

music streaming service

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 09:27 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , I'm thinking of subscribing to a music streaming service like Spotify , Tidal or deezer , which do you folk recommend ? Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Lane93
Explorer
Options
Spotify for me my mate great podcasts and all the artists I listen too are on there. And can do a artists radio mix.
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
I think most of them give you a free trial period so might be worth using the free trials where available to see what suits you best
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
if you use youtube you tube music is the best, it's most expensive but you get ad free youtube and music, my fav used to be Spotify but it doesn't play nice with samsungs phones anymore I find the buttons on th lock screen don't work
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
yeah they're all similar but equally have their small differences....I personally use Amazon music due to initially using prime music (included with prime) and adding favourite artists etc and use Alexa devices around the house. if you already have prime, their single membership is discounted, and if applicable you can get a £3.99 Alexa only music subscription, although this is clearly limited.

Spotify seems to have a good algorithm for linking similar artists and has good integration with other products...

YT music package has the great benefit of no ads on YouTube which is awesome.

depends what you want to listen to, but they mostly all offer the same thing.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Tidal premium, same price as Spotify (actually i'm getting it for 7.99 as I went to cancel but took their 3 month offer), better audio quality, and artists get paid better. There's a calculator online where you can input a random number of streams and see what each streaming service would pay you and the worst is YouTube by a mile. Like 0.0005p a stream. I'm currently using YouTube Music sporadically like a hypocrite though as there are some rare gems on there I've never found anywhere else. I used to be on YouTube Premium then changed as I realised I could use split screen most of the time to play music whilst using other apps. Sneaky 😉 Spotify free I use for music discovery and podcasts then add it to Tidal though I've equally found some amazing stuff from Tidal.

Also as I'm a prime member I got 3 months free trial of Amazon HD recently which I'll need to pay £12.99 afterwards which is good compared to other hi fidelity and lossless streaming services. Oh I also tried Deezer Hifi for 3 months too. Very similar to Tidal but not as good. Sounds like I'm milking them for free trials but 2 came with Sony products I bought due to their 360 degree audio. . Deezer Hifi is fine, similar to Tidal but Tidal is better for exclusives. I would urge caution if downloading an Ultra HD quality album from Amazon as will easily eat up a GB off your storage. Some songs are 100 or even 200mb each if long enough 😂 Selection for very niche artists is lacking for now on Amazon. You can use Free Spotify and Free YouTube Music and then pay for Tidal. There's so many free trials though just take them one at a time. Also tried Apple Music for 3 months 😂 Can't remember using it though. Maybe I do milk it 🤔
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Tidal , their £9.99 sub is that better audio quality than the £9.99 off Spotify ?

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Not by much. Not enough to worry about.
0 Likes