Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More memory card slot

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 02:20 AM)
GiZsY
Explorer
Options
Are smartphones going to have more memorycard slot other than just one , seem to be more focus on dual (double) sim card slots than sd memory card slot in this day an age we should be able to in insert at least two sd memory card in any type android phone 
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Most mobile phone manufacturers are moving away from SD card storage especially on their flagship phones and show more emphasis on Online Vault Storage options.

Also buying the largest internal storage capacity one can afford is recommended.

All that said I appreciate some do prefer SD card storage as their preferred option.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Like with the headphone jack, the trend with smartphones now is no SD cards in phones anymore.
I should imagine in the next couple of years SIM cards in phones will dissappear in favour of ESIM. As this is heavily rumoured to happen with iPhones very soon.
There's also talk of wireless charging only as well
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
On the topic of esims... I wasn't liking this option... I prefer a physical SIM in case of any damage / fault to the phone... Or the flexibility to change over to a different handset quickly and easily.

I got the Note20 Ultra to use 2 numbers and a SD card as I have a 512GB storage memory card. I thought I was able to use 2 Sims plus the memory card as many mid tier Samsung devices support this... Even the A20e... But the Note20 Ultra doesn't... But I like my note devices and find the stylus useful for editing.

In the end, I made my EE network SIM to a esim and kept my 3 SIM physical (3 doesn't support esim fully at the time) to be fair I've had no issues. I'm very careful with my phones and the esim system seems really easy to set up. I guess it would also eliminate SIM faults as nano Sims were always prone to faults compared to old style bigger Sims.

I will try to stay on my Note20 Ultra as long as possible but yes, I'm not a fan of cloud systems either lol.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Note 20 Ultra is such a good phone, I shouldn't have traded it for the Z Fold 3 really.
But the S22 Ultra is a fantastic device and a worthy successor to the Note 20 Ultra if you need to change.
I've not gone the ESIM route yet as like you say 3UK are not there yet and I have a good contract with O2 as well I'm trying to keep without them changing the terms
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have not gone down that route yet either , pros and cons but Esims will be big in the future.  An article here for those who are interested. https://5g.co.uk/guides/which-operators-offer-esims/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GiZsY
Explorer
Options
I already have my own personal network storage aka 2 TB hdd an soon to upgrage to mabey an 4TB or 8TB ssd , i have 2 128gb sd card a 64gb card an a 16gb card which with my rav power file hub i can still use an have full an immediate access to my files with one touch button bakup (love this little box amazing) however there only one slot per a card ,hence why i would appreciate that samsung to have more than one (MEMORY CARD) SD CARD slot WHICH WOULD BE fun ......imagine beingable to have network storage 2 tb hdd an 512gb phone storage an cloud storage 50gb+"premium" 512gb sd memmory card storage an wait for ittttttt here we goooooo plus one more sd memory card slot or even TWO MORE SD memory card slots on your phone ...that would be fun in my opinion .. phone or tablet's even laptop's STRIGHT out of the box with this feature, would have the possiability of own personal network, independand of network storage which would be a choice
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I submit if those storage needs ever became mainstream in regards to more than one SD CARD slot in a phone or unlimited sd card capacities [ who knows what capabilities are around the corner with new innovation ] I'm sure Samsung would consider it. Who knows they may have even already experimented.

I would hazard a guess that at the moment a phone with 1TB of user storage is more than ample for the average user.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Hamdan_M
Student
Options

Welcome to 2024, let alone 2, they've removed even the one. I hate Samsung for doing this. They're slowly removing everything we once loved about Samsung! 

Hamdan_M
Student
Options

I was using the note 20 Ultra for over 2 years

Now the phone started to get over heated and the battery started to die In like 4 to 5 hours, I just switched to A55 2 days ago. Seems like a good move so far.