Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone problem S20

(Topic created on: 08-08-2021 12:59 AM)
SparksRiot
First Poster
Options

My microphone stops working randomly and i can restart the phone to make it work again so that makes me think its a software problem and not a hardware problem since after i restart it works but then after maybe 10-20 minutes it stops working again.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SparksRiot
First Poster
Options

I also want to add that sometimes it just starts working again seemingly out of nowhere

0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hmmm sounds odd...

You can run a diagnostics on your mic by going into your Phone app and dial *#0283#. This will bring you to a menu that lets you test out the microphones and speakers via a loopback. The first option is to test it out as if it were a normal call. A second option is a speakerphone option. Usually, if you can't hear yourself during one of these two tests it means your phone would need a repair.

However if you can hear yourself good, then the hardware is working perfectly and the issue is with software or conflicting Bluetooth devices...

Screenshot_20210808-214315_DeviceKeystring.jpg
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If the test shows that the mic is indeed working, certain peripherals could conflict with the microphone of the phone. This can for example be the case when you connect a speaker or a headset via bluetooth. Disconnect all devices and see if it works better.

It could also be the case that an app is causing the problems. If the problem appeared right after you installed an app, it is likely that the app is the cause of the problem. You can start the S20 in Safe Mode and see if the problem is gone.

- Press down and hold on the power button until you see the power off icon.

- Press and hold on the power off icon until you see the Safe Mode icon.

- Tap on the Safe Mode icon and the Galaxy S20 will begin going into that mode.

At this point, the phone should come on again and you should see a Safe mode indicator at the bottom left side of the screen. To exit Safe Mode, follow the first step above to restart the phone normally.

0 Likes