Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Members App language problem

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 12:08 AM)
Saxacat
Voyager
Options
On both my phone (S23 U) and my tablet (tab S5e) I got a pop up when opening the Members App; it said something to the effect that the Country may change and might effect content; I had to press OK to get rid of it. On the phone nothing else happened, but on the tablet, all the content is now in French! I have tried reinstalling the App and even factory reset the tablet, but the App still comes up in French.

The default language for the tablet is English and nothing else has changed.

Can anyone help resolve this please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not sure what the issue is but if it's happening on more than one device it sounds like an issue in your account. I would log in to your account via a browser and check your language or region settings, also check if your using a VPN as this can change your region? I hope this helps
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Try the following -

Uninstall Members app on both S23U and the tab.

Remove the SIM, restart your phone and reinstall Members app on S23U. Does it show the correct country now? 

On the tab, which country was selected during setup? If it wasnt UK, try changing to UK.

0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options

I must be honest I don't want to muck around with it on the S23, since it is OK on there (the pop up appears sometimes, but nothing changes). 

On both the phone and the Tab only English has ever been selected, both setup for use in the UK. 

On the Tab, it is only the 'Discover' and 'Community' pages that are in French, 'Support' is in English (Notices and Activity are also in French).

The fact that a Factory Reset has not solved it is a bit concerning! Maybe its some bug in One UI 3.1 (can't update the Tab any further)  However, I've just deleted the App from the Tab and will just use the phone for Members stuff.

0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options

Not using a VPN and language and regions are English/UK on all devices and always have been. Checked my account using my Windows PC and cannot see anything that could be causing it!

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
You've got me baffled. I suspect it's a browser or account setting. If it were me I'd check the main browsers apps I.e samsung internet, Google, chrome etc and check my accounts i.e samsung, microsoft, google etc. I can't see it being an issue with your device as it would only happen on that device if that were the case so its either an app an account or a browser setting in my opinion. I have 2 Facebook accounts on my phone and when I switch accounts it sometimes causes havoc in some of my linked apps. Just little irritations that pop up out of the blue.
0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options

Screenshot_20230209_113952_Samsung Members.jpg

Its got me stumped. Above is a screenshot of the pop up; this has appeared on both phone and Tab, but made no changes on the phone.  I can have both devices next to each other with the Members App open and logged into both, they both show exactly the same posts etc... but the Tab is in French! Nothing else is affected and I cannot find any language or location settings that are not English / UK.  I've reinstalled the App, I've cleared the cache, I've done a factory reset of the Tab, nothing gets rid of it.

0 Likes