Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a vehicle safe charging device.

(Topic created on: 02-06-2021 06:48 PM)
BML
Pioneer
Options

I recently read on the Internet that the “cigar lighter” can present dangers such as power surge when used to plug a smart phone into it so I keyed a question on that into a Smart Phone forum who came up with the following answer but I’m not technically proficient enough to be able to understand if the cable that comes out of the “charging plug” fits into the Samsung J6 phone that I use. By the way, would anyone on this forum suggest an alternative charging device?

Nekteck USB C Car charger 27W USB-C Adapter with Integrated Built-in Type-C 3.1 Cord for Huawei, Google Pixel 2 Pixel 3A/ Pixel 3A XL Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus/Note 8/ S8/ S8 Plus More

BML_0-1622474501688.png

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I'd suggest a trip to your local Halfords, or car accessories store. If your phone is compatible with wireless charging, you can buy one that clips on to your car's vent. Alternatively, ask if there is a wireless charger that has surge protection circuitry built in. I have a Note9, with a vent-mounted wireless charger. It cist me about £15, and I've never had any issues. 😊
0 Likes
BML
Pioneer
Options

Many thanks for your advice. I found the staff at Halfords remarkably helpful and the device was less expensive than certain others.