Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out after factory reset

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 12:46 PM)
Nick Rumbelow
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I bought a second-hand Galaxy S7 last year from a chain of resellers, and recently the wifi kept on dropping out after installing a new router. Other connected devices did not lose the signal, and after resetting the router I looked for advice online, and the consensus was to perform a factory reset. Now when I try to login with my Google account to restart it I keep getting the message 'Something went wrong there. Please try again.'

It's been several days now, I've tried leaving it for 24 hours, but I cannot get past this message and seem to be left with a phone I cannot use. I asked the shop I bought it from for advice but they said they would not be able to help and suggested contacting you instead.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
is you phone set up with find my mobile ?? as it would be possible to unlock it
0 Likes
peterriley3
Explorer
Options
Usually this means there is a problem with your Google account or issues with the network. Is your phone able to establish a connection to your router? If not, this could be why your Google account isn't working. Are your Google account details that you've entered correct? There could also be issues relating to your Google account and if this is the case, perhaps you should check the status of your account from an alternate device. However, I assume with your phone having trouble connecting with the internet, this may be the cause of your issues with your Google account.

Hope this helps,
Peter
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The problem may be that the previous owner didn't remove their Google account.