I was at a friends house and my phone supposedly paired or connected to his tv. I was accused of trying to hack his internet connection. Am currently being threatened to have police called on me. I need to know how this happened to be able to defend myself. Any help please?
hello, hope all is well
1. advanced TVs have Miracast or Smart TV technology which requires no Wi-Fi connection for a phone to be able to project the screen to TV,
this is all over Youtube, just search:
How do I mirror my LG phone to my TV without WIFI?
2. flagship phones have embedded TV screen sharing technology like, screensharing, airdisplay, smartview, etc, again does not require connection to internet or Wi-Fi
3. to prove this, on your friends house, turn off the router or modem or any Wi-Fi source
then mirror the screen of the phone to the TV
4. or, have other high end phone to "screen mirror" to the same TV without connecting to Wi-Fi
5. or, go to any store selling many Smart TVs on display, then open your screen share on the phone, a list of nearby TVs will display on the screen, tap to connect, though requires pressing ok button on TV or remote
we can go there and demonstrate this to your friend
or let him watch Youtube to learn new technology