Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it me or is Samsung just really poor software

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 09:14 AM)
Manish3
Explorer
Options

Something always seems to be breaking, why not stop adding stuff and fix what is there! Support is also useless and regurgitating unrelated messages.

15 REPLIES 15
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The software is mostly the Google android operating system. Google have had some issue with recent updates, but it's down to them to fix those.
Samsung does the One UI software that's added to the Google Android software, to add further features and appearance.
Google have removed some software features from android and added extra. Making the software more secure and safer to use.
In line with this, some of the old Samsung features will then be either outdated or not compatible, so will be replaced or removed.
Software is always evolving, and inevitably things change. Just the way it is.
Customer support services for me have always been good, and my issues and problems get resolved well.
But everyone has different expectations and needs I guess
Manish3
Explorer
Options
Samsung smart things is not Google. Samsung Smart TVs are run on Tizen. Previous Samsung Smart watches are Tizen. Their e-commerce site is not run by Google software. Samsung pay is not Google. I can go on but I think you get the point.

Thank your for supporting the brand you love. I once did like them but I think something is going wrong with their software.

Support is terrible maybe I am get the bad ones through sheer luck but all you can do is raise your thoughts and see where it goes.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Perhaps if you'd been more specific about the issues you would have had a more focused reply. Even your follow up is vague. Perhaps you could mention what issues you have, specifically, people may be able to help.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That was what I was just thinking.
Manish3
Explorer
Options
Purchasing and item on their store. I select for next day. I get next week. Their store had a date picker it obviously doesn't work.

I returned a TV but cannot remove it from smart things in turn cannot remove it from Google home. Samsung support say it is not their problem contact Google. I didn't know Google own smart things.

My Samsung phone no longer sends messages to my Samsung watch. Support didn't resolve the issue.

I tried to use Samsung support on web and in the app. It says waiting time is 17 hours.

I cannot be specific because it is far reaching problem. It is not one issue.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

1. Covid is creating major problems for a lot of businesses and there is a worldwide chip shortage. My own business is experiencing a lot of problems with firms I deal with, some going back 6 months. Bearing in mind the current issues a few days late with a delivery is pretty good.

2. Try How to remove devices (TV etc) from Google Home... : googlehome (reddit.com)

3. Need detailed information about watch/phone issue as there's not enough information to diagnose the problem.

4. If Samsung are busy and remember a lot of people are working from home, it can be frustrating, I agree but you are probably in the best place for support. Here, you have access to a large number of expertise which is probably better than Samsung support can offer.

Manish3
Explorer
Options
1. Nope, I spoke to the delivery company their system was fudging the address. Before you blame the delivery company I have had no issues from other sites.

Lol I will end it here, just a really defensive bunch here making excuses for everything rather admitting there are problems.

Bye
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So it wasn't a Samsung problem but a courier issue? You had no issues with other sites? How is that relevant.

Nobody is making excuses and you haven't illustrated exactly what the problems are that you believe are Samsung's.
I don't need to defend Samsung and I don't always but until you are less vague nobody can even try to help you.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This guy is just ranting, don't waste you time

He just saying Watch is Tizen and etc is Tizen, like Tizen doesn't work and we should know what he is on about

He is one of those people who say "I am going to leave" like that threat will get them they want

As per your subject question, its YOU