Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a scam?

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 09:00 AM)
GrahamR7
First Poster
Options
Had several emails saying my Samsung account will be deleted if I do not confirm my age. I have checked my details and it is correct. It says my date suggests that I am under age. The year in my d.o.b. is 1950. Is 70 years under age?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Iamblssd40
First Poster
Options
I've been receiving the same emails which I intend on ignoring. I can't believe a company such as Samsung would send emails like this, which also include a number if grammatical errors.
I think it's likely to be a scam.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I had one this morning. It seems a strange coincidence after the Samsung hack. Be careful!!

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I'd definitely ignore it..
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I had same with Google a while back and had to call them to sort.
0 Likes
Kanwal2010
First Poster
Options
Had several emails ,one today saying my samsung account will be deleted if I do not confirm my age.I have updated my profile my DOB is
25th September 1937,which is correct. Please don't send me any more emails .regarding my age. I am 84 years old .Update my profile, which I have already done. Thanks.
0 Likes
GrahamR7
First Poster
Options
Ignored 3 times now and always will but it's annoying that this cannot be stopped or a warning from Samsung issued.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Not received such emails recently but certainly suspicious , always need to be aware. Does it look like a Samsung email though? Obviously the cyber attack is fresh in our minds but awaiting further news on that.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Krazykov
First Poster
Options

I been getting them as well and I contacted Samsung support, apparently its legit and they are updating their system which is sending out these emails. I didn't click on any link in the email just in case just googled Samsung and used online chat to talk to them, they said it was from them, and asked me to log in on website and change my DOB to something else then back to original, sounds like the new system they updating is glitching they just wont admit to it. I'm really disappointed in Samsung tbh, seems very unprofessional how its sending out aggressive emails saying your account will be deleted, thinking the person is underage when it clearly states in my account that I'm in my 30's. 

0 Likes