Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the new Samsung Community - 2021!

(Topic created on: 25-01-2021 04:12 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all!

So it's arrived/arriving! A new look to the Samsung Community! (As stated by Discover in our Community Newsroom: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/community-newsroom/new-community-interface/ba-p/2436406)

Along with the fresh look, posters of topics will now have the ability to add cover images for their topics on the discussion forums.

Community Newsroom articles at the moment appear as more a list... although we might have them set as tiles again. 🤔

In any case, we'd very much be interested in your feedback - on that, and the rest of the new design. Please post your thoughts on the new look, the features, and the usability.

Anything missing that you'd really like to be put back in, for example? Or any issues with things not working?

Let us know - and if possible - please post screenshots. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Bades1978 , @BandOfBrothers , @CrazyTom2k2 , @JAMES4578 , @John4Oh , @Leon24xxx , and @Pugs1957 - tagging in you guys as you use the Community the most and/or have been here almost as long as I have! 😄

24 REPLIES 24
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes I use the Samsung Internet Browser  @AntS 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AntS
Options

@BandOfBrothers , Ah, I was using Chrome. Good feedback that it's weirdly not appearing on the Samsung Internet browser though - cheers! 🙂:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , personally I think it's terrible , way harder to navigate than the older style , , can't even see the hamburger menu using Chrome browser on my phone , have to pinch the screen to see it which I discovered by accident , wish we could go back to the old format .

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

@Edgie70, can you suggest any improvements to the navigation or what you're missing from the old design?  

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi , thanks for your reply , one thing I would suggest is , when I reply to a thread I can't see the section I'm in like " S10 Note 10 S10e " etc to go back to the section 

Screenshot_20210128-233736_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS 

Update.

I can now see the 'Other Smartphones' tile.

Whatever you did thank you. 👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Add an option to mark notifications read in the app please
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Please add an option to mark notifications read in the app so you don't have to load each comment in a topic to do so. With short replies or comments that do not need an answer it would save a lot of time faffing around.
0 Likes
Options

Very kind to see so many new developments and products as well as community growing in such brilliant progressive better future.

From Higgs within our Galaxy from the Inside Out all within our Scope.
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I must admit, I'm not a fan of the new design myself. (I have already submitted my fair share of feedback 🙂 ). Basically I like to have a clear oversight of information of what is interesting and an easy way to navigate which isn't there anymore. 

Another issue I experience is a clear case of useless information overload that basically discourage me to even look for interesting topics. - Might be me because I can not filter out useless information but it's far too busy for me at the moment. 😅

I do have to admit that it looks stylish. But it was also a huge sacrifice in terms of functionality/having a clean design.