Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

I need a UK telephone number

(Topic created on: 03-08-2022 07:15 AM)
Antony1953
Explorer
Options

Hello everyone, this is my first post so please be gentle with me if I'm in the wrong place.

I'm trying to register my new QE85 t/v for the five-year warranty but the site is terrible and keeps throwing up problems for me . When I call the helpline number I end up in India or somewhere but I can't understand them very well and I keep asking them to repeat what they're saying to the point that I give up and put the phone down. I'm nearly 70 yrs old and this is getting very annoying. I need to speak to someone who I can understand so I need a phone number in the UK ,not the one that sends me all around the world. Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
LeighJamie
Explorer
Options
You could try contacting the UK Samsung support team on 0333 000 333. They may be able assist with registering the extended warranty 👍
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you able to access the Samsung Members App on a phone etc to be able to try and register or through the Tv's Menu System.

Even if you can't you'll be automatically covered by Samsungs Warranty.

Please keep any Proof of Sale invoice etc just in case.

There is further help and information in....

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-register-your-samsung-tv. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

williamcranston47
Journeyman
Options
If you don't have a UK phone number, you can buy one off of mobile carriers in the UK like EE, o2, or 3
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@williamcranston47 

I believe @Antony1953 is wanting a UK phone number for Samsung Uk so they can register the TV over the phone with an English speaking agent.

They could Try 03330000333 and ask for an English speaking person.

Or try 

> ukhelp@samsung.com

www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
williamcranston47
Journeyman
Options
Ah, okay
Antony1953
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the help William.

The problem I'm having is that when I try to register for the 5 year guarantee the site wants me to download proof of purchase. I bought it from Samsung themselves and I even click the button that confirms I bought it online from their store but still the site wants me to download proof. All I have is an email from Samsung with the details but I cannot download it as I don't know how,everything I try ends in failure. I'm 70 yrs old and know nothing about pc's so I'm trying to ring someone at Samsung to get this sorted out. I have 90 days to register the 5 yr warranty. Every time I ring I get some country where they speak poor English, I cannot understand them or they cannot understand me, either way I'm getting nowhere fast. I tried the number you sent but it ends up back at the same call centre. Can you suggest any other way of getting through to Samsung that doesn't involve their call centres?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Antony1953 

" Can you suggest any other way of getting through to Samsung that doesn't involve their call centres? "

Yes used the links I gave earlier to register the warranty and as I said even if you don't manage to register your TV will still be covered under Samsungs Warranty.

You've managed to sign upto the community forum and post 👍 so I have every confidence you should be able to use the links.

If not then maybe a family member or friend can lend a hand.

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

@Antony1953 wrote:

The problem I'm having is that when I try to register for the 5 year guarantee the site wants me to download proof of purchase. I bought it from Samsung themselves and I even click the button that confirms I bought it online from their store but still the site wants me to download proof. All I have is an email from Samsung with the details but I cannot download it as I don't know how,everything I try ends in failure.

Hi @Antony1953 , Hopefully, I can help point you in the right direction on how to get a Proof of Purchase from stuff ordered on the UK Samsung website.

On the Samsung.com website, go to the ‘person’ icon on the top right, then go to Orders:

VAT_Receipt_POP_01.jpg

That’ll take you to the Order Lookup screen. 

VAT_Receipt_POP_02.jpg

Enter the relevant details to bring up the order.

Once you've brought up your order, scroll down (click on ‘View here for more options’ if it appears for you) to the bottom until you get to 'Order Summary', and click 'Download invoice'. (I tend to initially download these kinds of things to my PC Desktop as it’s a bit easier for me to find then. Or I create a folder to download them to. )

VAT_Receipt_POP_03.jpg

That’ll generate and download the full VAT receipt (in PDF form) for that order, which should work as a valid Proof of Purchase that you can upload/attach/send if somewhere is asking for it.

Let us know if you're still struggling with this one, and at what bits, and we'll see what we can do to help get you where you need to be. 👍

Antony1953
Explorer
Options

Thank you very much AntS, your idea worked a treat and you explained it in a way an old fart like me can understand. I've now registered my 5 yr warranty and the 10 yr warranty on the screen.

Old people like me can get stressed out with frustration over the smallest thing but this is one problem I can now put to bed thanks to you. Thank you to all those who tried to help.