Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto: Change lockcreen wallpaper even the screen goes off

(Topic created on: 26-07-2019 09:10 AM)
Libb
MegaStar
Options

In good old days, up to 30 images could be selected directly in the background settings, which were then randomly set as a lock screen image. Unfortunately, this option has been denied to us by Samsung, now it is only possible with live wallpapers, which are often paid, and we cannot choose the pictures ourselves.

Fortunately, we have a Tasker that can handle it (I don't understand why I didn't think of trying it for 2 years).

Create a new Task

Screenshot_20190726-090752_Tasker.jpg

1. File -> List Files 
    In Dir, enter the path to the image directory 
    In Variable enter text % files 
    Screenshot_20190726-091348_Tasker.jpg

2. Set the values ​​of % filescnt to the number of images loaded (Variables -> Variable Set) 
    Name will be % filescnt , To % files (#)
    Screenshot_20190726-091345_Tasker.jpg
  3. We will generate a random number in the range of 1 - number of images 
    In Name, enter the name of the variable in which the output will be saved: % file 
    Min will be 1 , Max % filescnt 
    Screenshot_20190726-091353_Tasker.jpg
  4. Set a random image as the lock screen background. 
    In Type, select Lockscreen , type Image files (% file) into Image 
    Screenshot_20190726-091357_Tasker.jpg

Then we create a profile that will respond to the need to turn off the screen:
Event -> Display -> Display Off

Screenshot_20190726-090747_Tasker.jpg

From now on, whenever the screen is turned off, the lock screen image changes to one of the folders we entered.

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly some good advice, thanks @Libb  :smiling-face:

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Moses13
Student
Options

Helpful in 2020

Libb
MegaStar
Options

Yes, it is. Because there are still limitations in the out of box functionality. And you can see that the article is almost 1 year old and then it was not possible in settings.

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

It continue working done, be alive the hile and add more things to do if you know for the tasks manager, are interesting define certains macros in special cases, I left 👍🌹👋

0 Likes
cadall36
First Poster
Options

Dear reader,

I don't know if the steps did work out for you, but in case they didn't -like for me- try this: In step 2, set the variable %filescnt  to instead of %files(#), i.e. only write the number of total image files in your target wallpaper directory.

Et voilà.

Enjoy your day

0 Likes
tech189
First Poster
Options

An easier solution is to import this task from TaskerNet:

https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=AS35m8ne7oO4s%2BaDx%2FwlzjdFTfVMWstg1ay5AkpiNdrLoSXEZdFfw1IpXiyJC...

Hope this helps someone 😊