Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to send a private message on the Samsung Community

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 12:15 PM)
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

As well as participating in our boards through our threads, the Samsung Community has a Private Message feature available to users.

How to Private Message on a web browser on the Samsung Community: Quick Guide

1. Click your avatar/'Profile Settings' menu at the top right of the Community.
  2. Select 'Messages' from the drop down 
  3. Click the 'New message' icon
  4. Select user to send to
  5. Send message

How to Private Message on a web browser on the Samsung Community: Full Guide with reference screenshots 

1. Click your avatar/'Profile Settings' menu at the top right of the Community.PM_1.jpg
  2. Select 'Messages' from the menuPM_2.jpg
  3. Click the 'New message' iconPM_3.jpg
  4. Select your recipient by writing their Community name in the 'Send to' part, clicking on the suggested user's name to populate the 'Send to', and Send Message! PM_4.jpg

PM_5.jpg

You can contact the moderators who are live on the Community through our team account @Sam_UK or message an individual moderator that you meet on the Community if you have a question or want to report something. 

8 REPLIES 8
jimsouthstand
Pioneer
Options
Hi, just saw your message on the board, about problems with the pre order on the Upgrade Programme through the lounge and from the invitation email link.
I having the same problems as the other users posting on here.
I received my invite as an existing member of the UP, but, and I have tried umpteen times, Everything goes as you would expect, my current phone is recognised, I impute the existing Klarna contract number, select the new phone, select the free gifts, then fill in the blanks, DoB, date for delivery, household income etc Klarna then acknowledge My account with them and my Bank account stating they would use this for payments but when I then hit the payment button it buffers before stating I'm unsuccessful at this time????
Would it be down to exact date of current contract 1 yr anniversary?
Your help would be appreciated 👍
0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Good news! We have now added the direct/private messaging feature to the Members app!

How to Direct message on the Community on the Members app: Quick Guides

Sending a Direct message.

1. On the Members app go to the profile page of the user you want to send the message to.

2. Click on Direct message.

Or send via your Direct messages Inbox

1. On the Members app go to the Community tab.

2. Click on your profile picture and username.

3. Click on Direct Message.

4. Click on the floating button at the bottom right of your Inbox screen.

Viewing your Direct messages Inbox.

2. Click on your profile picture and username

3. Click on Direct message.

Ignoring/Blocking Direct messages.

If you no longer want to receive messages from a specific user:

2. Click on your profile picture and username.

3. Click on Direct Message.

4. Click on a message from that user.

5. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.

6. Select Ignore member.

How to Direct message on the Community on the Members app: Guides with screenshots

Sending a Direct message.

On the Members app go to the profile page of the user you want to send the message to, and click on Direct message.

Userprofile_en.jpg

Viewing your Direct messages Inbox.

On the Members app go to the Community tab > click on your profile picture and username > Direct message.

Direct Message Flow_a_2.png

It will take you to your Inbox. Click on a message to read it.

Direct Message Flow_b.jpg

You can also send messages when you're in the Inbox via the floating button on the bottom right.

Ignoring/Blocking Direct Messages.

If you no longer want to receive messages from a specific user, go to the details screen of the messages you have received from that user: open a message from the user >  3 dots button in the upper right-hand corner >  Ignore member ’ to block messages from them.

Ignoreuser_en.jpg

0 Likes
Nancy Hardy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks you, thats what i was looking for!

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

It would be amazing if we could send messages to users by simply going to their profile and pressing " Send message ". 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
Chillyyyyy
Journeyman
Options
I've developed a burn mark on my wrist after wearing my Samsung galaxy watch 5 Pro
ChrisP88
Options

We are very sorry to hear this!

f you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in this post, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

clive68
First Poster
Options
I have woke up this morning with a burn mark on my wrist from the Samsung galaxy 6 watch what should I do
AntS
Options

Hi @clive68 , 

Please send a Private Message with your contact details and any relevant info (e.g. product model and serial numbers) to our @Sam_UK  account (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597