Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get boost your listings on selling platforms for free

(Topic created on: 30-06-2021 08:31 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
How can I boost my listing and turn into homepage ads, without paying for this service? I want to increase exposure of my listings, so they can have a higher chance of selling. Platforms I use include Facebook, Gumtree, shpock and eBay who require you to pay for that higher exposure. There must be a way! Please share your ideas below!😉
5 REPLIES 5
SPUDWOLF
Voyager
Options
I find sharing it to other social media platforms a good way. Or find group pages were people are looking for that specific item. I do this a lot and it has all ways helped me sell it hope this helps
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I already have lol. I'm pretty much on every possible media platform that facilitates selling 😅. I have so many items to sell and just want a quick way of selling them 😉.
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Oh! My kind of expertise!

I'm an online entrepreneur and host my own platform (With permission if a moderator I can share). The best way to get higher is simply by getting a better reputation. For my company the following rankings are important:

• Have a business model that is hard to copy 🙂 
  • Facebook Engagement (More engagement = More sales)
  • Community engagement (More content = More for google to crowl = Better SEO). 
  • High impact traffic (Known reputable websites that link to you = They share their search rankings, which in turn shuts them down). 
  • Create high quality products/services (Good products sell themselves...)
  • ....And taking down the competition. (I have issues with pirates that illegally distribute our content, basically I use copyright takedowns but the worst competition I have... Is myself 😉 ). When that's gone  I instantly see increases in sales 🙂 

Facebook LOVES engagement, the more you engage the better.  Other platforms I have more in debt knowledge of are Google (Loves longativity, trust, backlinks, unique content, mobile optimalisation) and Youtube (Loves engagement/watch time)

One business advice... Don't be cheap 🙂 I tend to spend money in order to save time... As time equals money. 

Don't be cheap on advertisements either but look towards the ROI (Return of Investment). If for every 10EUR you can get...13EUR of profit that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. It might be worth it (Depending on your business model of course). Advertising can effectively be a money printer and expand the exposure of your brand when done right 🙂 It might also help you with a new audience where you can build a trust relationship with where you can in turn create mouth-to-mouth advertisement by offering a terrific value 🙂

I hope it gives some insight! 🙂 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
When you say Facebook Engagement, can you elaborate on this. I simply sell products as a hobby and was just wondering how I can do this, in order to increase my listing views and hopefully, sales.
In addition, on Facebook, I'm trying to sell a pair of trainers (won't say brand name, as I'm scared my post will be taken down), but the listing keeps getting disapproved after reviewal by the Facebook team. I tried everything, from taking my own images, to not including the brand name in the title, tags and description, but still not luck! 😥. What should I do, to avoid my listings not being approved by Facebook and if there is a secret tip(s) to bypass this system, what is it?

Also, many thanks for the vast amount of wisdom you have provided! 😀.
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Yeah sure! 🙂 Please note that marketting for me goes though posts, not listings so I can't share experiences with listings. 

But for posts it's basically the following:

• More likes (If possible from a non-admin of the group/page, and a reputable "real" account). Nothing is worse than fake engagement as that might hurt. Fun fact! I work together with a business partner and I'm intentionally NOT an admin of the group (Even though I can promote myself to admin at any time though the facebook business control panel). 
  • Responses from people that are interested
  • People that "read" the post (Stop long enough to read it 🙂 ). 

Edit: 

In regard to lists, please see this as a guideline in general knowledge of social media but it seems like you don't have a good reputation. I would recommend to simply share a post though an group that targets your audience (check out with the admins (!) ) and link to your own site/storefront. Write it in a way that people like and off to peoples activity feed it goes 🙂 

If the system doesn't play nice with you... Simply play the game their way 🙂