Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous customer service

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 10:33 AM)
Members_kh54kY5
First Poster
Options

I would like to make a formal complaint and ask for this to be looked into. My reference notes should be on customer reference: ******
I originally contacted Samsung through the live chat on the 21st March to ask for a fix to my Samsung gear watch. The watch had gone into a rebooting loop, so every 4 seconds it would turn off and then back on and say it was rebooting and then power back off. This happened out the blue and I could not fix it. On the live chat the person asked me to try several things which I had already tried or weren’t able to as it would not power on. The customer support then organised for the watch to be picked up by DPD so that Samsung could assess it and quote how much to fix it. This was scheduled for the following day (22nd march). I took time off work to ensure I would be home. I received a confirmation from Samsung of the booking to retrieve the watch, but nothing from dpd. The following day I waited at the house and no DPD delivery driver ever arrived. I emailed the Samsung support that evening to ask what had happened and why did no one come to pick up the watch. That was over a week ago and I’ve had no response. So tonight I rung up to enquire, and to also ask for the 15% discount code I was offered to purchase another item instead of having mine fixed. The member of customer support apologised for the failure to pick up my watch and looked into getting the code. After being on hold for about 15 minutes the person managed to get me a code which was delivered to me by email. However on trying the code to purchase a odyssey g5 gaming monitor, the code did not work. The discount code is for a tablet or mobile phone. Neither of which I want. So I rang up again, and for the last 2 and a half hours have been passed between multiple departments, until finally the last member of staff hung up the phone. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
To be passed around for over 2 hours to solve something as simple as giving the customer another 15% discount code is what only can be described as abysmal.
I’ll be honest and say I have 0% confidence anyone will even read this and act on it accordingly. But just to list some of the downfalls in this little saga.
1. Watch malfunction into rebooting loop.
2. Samsung failure to organise watch retrieval through DPD.
3. Samsung failure to respond to customer enquiry within a weeks timeframe.
4. Samsung failure to issue correct discount code.
5. Samsung failure to rectify and send the correct discount code. Me being the customer left on hold for over 2 and a half hours whilst passed between multiple departments.

2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Hi @Members_kh54kY5 ,

Not the experience we'd want someone to have. 😞

As this is on a public forum I've edited out your reference number. 

If you'd like the team here to look into this and see if there's anything we can do to help, can you send our @Sam_UK  account a Direct/Private Message with your customer reference number, name, contact email address, and contact phone number)?

A guide on how to send direct/private messages on Community here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
killu7
First Poster
Options

when a business fails to meet the customer expectations in terms of service quality, response time, or overall customer experience. Your contact center has to be built on a foundation of great customer service to ensure agents are performing at their highest standard

0 Likes