Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Samsung Website been hacked?

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 06:09 AM)
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Just wondering if the Samsung website has been messed up inadvertently by the developers, or if it's been hacked (probably less likely - a weird hack just to send you to Mozilla, unless it's some protest at Samsung data collection/usage)?

When I go to the main www.samsung.com home page, then click the account icon at the top to sign in, I get the following:

samsung_login.jpg

Note the weird text, which is all a link. Clicking almost anywhere on the page, including in the textboxes, takes you to the Mozilla website recommending you download Firefox.

I've also just tried this on my mobile in case it was my PC with something odd on it, it does the same thing.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

Back to normal now. Very weird, guessing it was a temporary issue.

Maybe teach me for getting up so early (not sleeping recently, gave up trying), possibly some sort of overnight maintenance gone wrong I guess. 

0 Likes
Metin79
Apprentice
Options
I had the same issue
0 Likes
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

All a bit weird. If it was maintenance, not sure why it would keep redirecting to the Mozilla website, which does make me wonder about some sort of unauthorised alteration to the page.

If it was a hack, do I win a prize for (maybe) being the first to raise the alarm with Samsung? Maybe some goodies for my new Galaxy S22 Ultra? 🤔😋

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It definitely smells fishy, don't enter your details or is it too late? If you did, change your password asap. Of course given the date it could be Samsung playing a prank...
0 Likes
Damian78
Pioneer
Options

No I didn't login, it used autocomplete to fill the username and password when I clicked in the box, but wasn't going to attempt logging in. All was sorted a few minutes after I posted this. 

0 Likes