Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guys I'm thinking of upgrading...

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 07:32 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
My smartphone! I have an S8 and this is what I'm looking for:

- Do NOT want massive device size. Something similar in size dimensions of the S8.
- DOES want big battery life.
- DOES want fast performance (hence I preferably want a device with a Qualcomm snapdragon chip, that also showcases great performance on battery life).
- A minimum storage size of 64GB.
- A phone that either comes with a "good" case in the box OR a phone that has a slim, simple case with no kickstand released by Spigen, FUNMAX+ or someone equivalent of their nature.
- Possibly one I can get a discount on OR one that has a promotion going on.
- Possibly, a SAMSUNG device! As I do enjoy Samsung Members and the benefits, as well as the simplicity of Samsung Pay has provided me over the years. In addition, Samsung devices have Good Lock Labs, which I use currently for customising my notification bar, in order to make it AMOLED-friendly 😊. But if you can find an alternative company that has these equivalent features, that is okay!😀

And... I think that's about it!

6 REPLIES 6
ElfStone
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey there,

You didn't mention the most important thing, and that is budget.

I've got 2 recommendations for you depending on the budget you have allocated.

Low budget: A52 or A72 (amazing battery life on the A72, probably on A52 as well)

Higher budget: S21 would be an amazing choice. The device is absolutely awesome and the new Exynos caught up with SD.

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I know, I know! I didn't want to mention budget as that would seem a hindrance and I wanted these above features, so that I can the best handset for my personal tastes! Yet, I don't want to spend unneccessarily on a feature, that I don't think is worth the increased price margin (not a huge or beneficial/noticeable upgrade). So... I'm going to do some research regarding, IF the Exynos has finally caught up with SD. If it has, that it looks like S21 is the way to go 😁.

But, I will compare the specs (and of similar competiting handsets) of all three devices, before I do jump into a decision. Thanks for the post mate! Appreciate it 😋
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
S21 all the way, I have the 6.2 S21 and I absolutely love it samsung got everything right with this one. Just note that there is no charging brick in the box and it's a flat display (which I actually prefer)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Oh! That is interesting, Samsung don't give a charging brick? What charger does the S21 require then, in terms of Volts, Amps and Watts?

Thanks for your feedback! 😉
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It will use your s8 charger just fine the cable the phone comes with is for the 25w charger but like I said your s8 charger and cable will charge the s21 just fine, I was lucky as I had the S20 before which came with the new style brick.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Okay guys, I'm really head strong for the S21! But, one major downside is the position of the front camera and how it affects me watching videos!!! It's like a cut-out of the video I will never be able to see, unlike the S8, in which you can see the WHOLE screen, if you get my drift. Is there any way to adjust this on the S21? If so, I'll buy it! 😆
0 Likes