Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great British Bake-Off 2020: Soul food in the Covid world

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 12:38 PM)
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

IG: @noel_fieldingIG: @noel_fieldingI think it's the show that we all needed in 2020… The Great British Bake-Off..

The #GBBO bubble has shone a light in this strange time in the world and connected 7.9 million viewers as they tackled Battenbergs and a technical challenge that made your heart jump. An experience that we all faced, GBBO had to adapt to work in the world of covid and was even delayed to make sure that we could listen to the PM's coronavirus briefing. For me, it's the show's uplifting nature that soothes me and drives me to watch, the passion for baking and connections people make you feel at home. 

With all this extra time in the home, have your culinary skills got any better?

We'd love to see pictures of your new or enhanced culinary skills (and hear all about your bakeoff predictions and opinions).

(Just need to let you know, this is an opinion piece and Samsung have no affiliations with GBBO, I just enjoy the show and like the conversation)

3 REPLIES 3
topcat59
First Poster
Options
Helpful
0 Likes
KirstyG
Expert
Options

This is literally the best thread everrrr! Total sabotage and drama over a pineapple upside-down cake! :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:
I wish I could find a picture too, but did anyone notice that the marzipan on Peter's battenberg looked like Chef's sofa from South Park.... 😂

Chef Sofa.JPG

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Haha! First GBBO theories of the season!

A few questions from me: 

- Does anyone like Battenbergs? 

- Do you have an early favorite? 

- Who would your cake-idol-bust be of? 

0 Likes