Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S21 Series | FAQ's and Pre-order details

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 11:54 AM)
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

The new series of Samsung smartphones have been revealed at Unpacked 2021: the Galaxy S21 series – available to pre-order now in the Nordics (SE, DK, FI, NOuntil 28 January 2021! And don't forget to check out the pre-order promotions on offer with it too! When purchasing a phone in the S21 series you can claim Galaxy Buds (which ones depends on phone model) and SmartTag for only 99SEK, 99NOK, 79DKK or 9.90.

During 2020 we all faced the challenges of not seeing our loved ones, but somehow we also managed to maintain our social lives and connections through the great world of technology. Virtual work meetings, endless phone calls and online house parties became a part of the new normal.

The next gen Samsung smartphones, the S21 series, aim to support the new normal - allowing us to share our world and connect with the people around us. With Galaxy S21, you can do more than ever, more easily, with an ecosystem of Galaxy innovations, experiences and connected devices — from your tablets, wearables, PCs to Smart TVs and home appliances.

In summary: the Galaxy S21 makes your everyday… well, E P I C!

The Galaxy S21 series comes in three models to fit your lifestyle and feature needs: Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra.

S21 & S21+: triple-lens, AI-enhanced pro-grade camera system built for every user, so anyone (even me maybe?) can capture, edit, and share amazing shots, and in steady 8K video; edge-to-edge, Dynamic AMOLED 2X adaptive 120Hz display; the most advanced processor ever in a Galaxy device, so you can download quickly and game and stream seamlessly.

S21 Ultra: quad-lens advanced pro-grade AI-enhanced camera system, which includes ultra-wide and wide lenses, as well as Dual Zoom-lenses (one optical 3x and one optical 10x; adaptive display that supports a refresh rate from 10Hz to 120Hz at Quad HD+ quality; Wi-Fi 6E and Ultra Wide Band (UWB); S Pen support…

(Yes, S Pen support on an S-Series!)

And of course there’s a lot more. Epic, one might say.

So - what are your thoughts on the new S21 series? If you have any questions regarding the S21 or how to pre-order feel free to ask them here. You can also check out the UK S21 board for more FAQ's. 

//The Community Team 🤝

// ElinH
Go to solution
61 REPLIES 61
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi Susanne and welcome to the Community 🤗

Congratulations on switching to Samsung - so exciting!! What made you change your mind and try this new universe? Let's definitely share our experiences in here 💃

// ElinH
SusanneD55
Apprentice
Options

Thanx 😁

Well, allthough I love my Huawei P30 Pro, it doesnt support 5G and all the insecurities about comming updates and the US-band 😡 in general, I have been looking for another Brand. Reading many recommendations and descriptions of S21 Ultra, I chose this one 😍 To me, the camera is the most important feature 😉

ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

I think the S21 Ultra will provide you with the camera experience you are looking for. And I agree, for me the camera is the most important feature too because then I can have it all in one device - no need to spend loads of money on a separate camera! 😍

// ElinH
RAGE77
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of information and also the "logistical discrepancy" of these pre-orders from Samsungs side.

This is my very first Samsung. I have bought every OnePlus phone every year for a number of years. I'm used to having very clear information on where my order and phone is situated. I know exactly where to go if I want to have a OnePlus immediately on release day.

I ordered the S21 Ultra from Samsung thinking Samsung would want their shops direct customers to get their phones immediately, perhaps before everyone else as an USP. But clearly this is not the case. Right now it's actually looking like Samsungs direct customers will get their phones last. In Sweden there's already a ton of people who have gotten their new S21 phones, primarily from Comviq but also from other vendors. Most who have ordered from other vendors have at least gotten information about their order being prepared at their postal services. Samsung shop buyers have no information at all.

I am aware that I have ordered a "special color" and I am to wait "4-6 weeks" so this weeks' delivery surge does not directly apply to me. However, the whole "4-6 weeks" thing is also very disappointing since we all know Samsung isn't coloring these phones on an order by order basis. Or if they do they're the silliest manufacturer on the market.

Yes, this is a sort of rant, not an angry such, just, disappointed.

0 Likes
RAGE77
Explorer
Options

And now apparently someone got the information from Samsung support/customer service that ALL the S21 models are delayed to Sweden!!

And they might start coming in some time next week!!!

As a first time Samsung store customer I am BEYOND disappointed now, I'm f-ing furious!!!

I'm baffled! How the **** can Samsungs own stock of phones be over a week delayed and ALL other Swedish vendors deliver theirs yesterday and today, almost a week before the actual release date!?

imhere2
Explorer
Options

in my order to galaxy s21 ultra was write it will send in 25\1 but antil now not send ,last year when i was made order to s20 ultra sent in the time,now i saw people bought the mobile from comviq have the mobile already

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hold your horses, here's some information for you 🐎 

I have had no confirmation that the orders are delayed until the earliest of next, and as far as I know there has been no statement from Samsung that this would be the case. Customers are encouraged to check the status of their orders to see where it's at.

As for your custom order, this would not have been sent out for a little while anyway, so even if (which they are not) the orders would have been delayed for two weeks this would not have affected you. And as for the disappointment regarding the 4-6 weeks mark, the truth is that the custom phones actually are made order by order. Which is quite incredible really when you think about it - your phone will be super unique 😍

Hope this makes sense and that I've answered some of your thoughts. Let me know if any more pop up and make sure to enjoy the sunshine today ☀️

// ElinH
daredake
Apprentice
Options

To be fair, for some of us the order report said that you'd start shipping the pre-orders on the 25th but their status even today is on Pending dispatch while customers from 3rd party stores and carriers have already received theirs. I personally don't mind waiting a couple more days but I'm still unhappy with many details of this pre-order like the lack charger stock in the e-store or the fact that there was no drop in price while the US is at -$200, we even had to pay 100SEK (which isn't much, sure) for the pre-order gift to name a few.

RAGE77
Explorer
Options

@ElinH: Have a look yourself: https://swedroid.se/forum/threads/koeptraden-galaxy-s21-ultra.188927/

Everyone but Samsung shop buyers already have their phones or are picking them up today. Samsung Shop buyers have not had any updates on their order pages for a good while now and do not know where their orders are.

0 Likes
Magnus2
Apprentice
Options

Clearly Comviq is doing something wrong here, all the operators and stores has a text saying that the item is sent on the 29/1. Can´t blame Samsung for what Comviq is doing wrong.
I bought mine S21 via Telenor and still has not recieved it.