Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Battery Technology

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 02:51 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Likely some time before we see major advances, however ongoing research into Battery Technology which could bring huge benefits and enhance our lives.    Ideas such over the air charging to super-fast 30-second re-charging-might  seem a pipe dream at the moment but developments will come.  www.pocket-lint.com/gadgets/news/130380-Future-Batteries-coming-soon 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

2 REPLIES 2
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
I keep an eye at new technologies myself but Graphene looks extremely interesting to me! Personally I believe that's the future :smiling-face:

Here is a background article:
https://beebom.com/graphene-battery-vs-lithium-ion-battery/

Some benefits:
- Higher amount of power storage (From approx 180wh/kg to 1000wh/kg)
- Lighter
- Faster chargetimes
- Less risk for nature
- Not Explosive (Lithium-ion batteries are effectively bombs :winking-face: If there is a bit of damage all energy comes out at once in the form of heath which can be quite... Spectacular to say the least. Luckily most phones are extremely well tested against this risk though!). For those that remember the note 7, that's effectively the risk of the current battery technology :smiling-face:

And graphene is not rare unlike lithium :smiling-face: Only downside is that it's currently still hard to mass produce.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SjorsK  Interesting and informative article :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:      Graphene  could well be transformative , though practicalities would need to be sorted out.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.