Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update for Samsung G5 Odyssey LC34G55T

(Topic created on: 07-11-2023 09:55 PM)
Monkeypaws
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I am experiencing problems that I am hoping a firmware update might solve.

Model number - LC34G55TWWPXXU

Software Vers - M-T5534GCPA-1005.5

Any help would be great as I am at my wits end trying to get this set up.

5 REPLIES 5
GuidoAguiar
Apprentice
Options

I was about to create the same post, the only difference is that my model is lc34g55twwlxzd

Daniel-M
Options

Hi @Monkeypaws!

I would like you to double check which version you have. From what we can see, the latest version is 1005.3.

/Daniel
Monkeypaws
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply.  Have checked and you are right it is 1005.3. This is dissapointing as this seems to have been the solution for everyone else. The problem is that being somewhat clueless, I was searching for a moniter that would pair with my son's xbox x. It was clear that this is not particularly easy but it seemed that the feedback on G5's was that they would happily run 1440p at 125hz. I can't get mine to offer anything but 60 or 100hz. Also letterboxing Xbox output which again others seem to not be having a problem with, seeming to be displaying full screen without distortion.

GuidoAguiar
Apprentice
Options

Mine does not switch source automatically as it should when a new source is detected, i have to switch manually, even if the "active" source is off

Monkeypaws
Apprentice
Options

I have now returned mine. Found that the Samsung is capping refresh rate through the HDMI, and that Freesync is not available through HDMI so my model is useless for Xbox. Am replacing it with a MSI G321CU or BenQ Mobiuz EX321OU. These both have HDMI 2.1 instead of just HDMI 2 so will work with the Xbox just fine.