Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading apps from old phone to new phone

(Topic created on: 22-04-2021 07:33 PM)
Art16
First Poster
Options

I have old A6 and want to download my apps from it to my new S21. I only have the one sim card so can't use smart switch and the cable they sent me doesn't fit the A6. Any ideas ? I thought there was an adaptor that you get that would fit the end of the cable and fit the old device.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You CAN use smart switch, you don't need a sim to use WiFi Direct. The connection is directly between the 2 devices, it doesn't use any data or need to connect to any network. They connect to each other like bluetooth. No sim required.
Alternatively you can also buy a usb c OTG adapter for a physical connection.
Doubly alternatively you can just download the apps again off the play store, or use an app to export the apks to your new phone.
Art16
First Poster
Options

I've tried smart switch but its not detecting my old phone's wifi

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you downloaded smart switch on both phones or just the new one
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Do you have a Windows PC? If so use Smart Switch PC version on that to backup your old phone apps and restore them to the new phone
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Just go to your network or carrier store they will do it. Shazzkid is right, it should definitely work without a sim. (Providing you're in a country not in lock down)
0 Likes
DianDD
Voyager
Options
You download smart switch app on your computer and connect the old phone with the old cable to your PC and make backup, then you connect your new phone with the new cable or any cable available which can fit both the phone and the PC and restore the new phone using the backup from your old phone that's all
0 Likes