Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney +

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 07:05 PM)
EdBe
Apprentice
Options

I have been trying to obtain a Disney+ code for either of 2 devices I purchased, a Tab8 and S20FE. After multiple calls and several hours on the phone to Samsung (as well as being put through to Disney at one point!) I have got nowhere. Eventually a 'Technical Support' person took control of my phone after I had told them the Boost isn't working (about 8 times!) and they tried it and said "oh, it doesn't work". They said they would email me, but surprise surprise - nothing. I am not convinced the offer is valid! I have spent thousands with Samsung over the years, but following their appalling level of support, I am considering other manufacturers for all my devices now. Shame!

42 REPLIES 42
CarlSamsDAd
Student
Options

No shock - not just me then!  Hope everyone on here got their issues resolved.

I have had the same issue - logged in - said I wasn't eligible. Cleared cache etc and repeated. When on the online chat - got told to clear cache. Did it again even though I knew it wouldn't work. Got put on hold to speak to 'technical support' - and now just been cut off after 30+ minutes waiting in a 'queue'.  

I have bought two phones for my sons and expect better customer service than that. 

Can someone please help or give me a number to speak to someone who WILL help.  Much obliged for any ideas! 

0 Likes
dicanio
First Poster
Options
Andrew thanks it work ive been messing abour 4 ages trying to get this work straight away
Seems like samsung make it as hard as possible
0 Likes
dicanio
First Poster
Options
Thanks it worked first time
0 Likes
Irum Mohammed
First Poster
Options

Hi Iv been waiting for my Disney + code for a year now. As non stop messaging your self Iv try to contact your company with this issue. Clearly not getting anywhere. I need this sorting or I will take this further due to Samsung, offering incentives for customers and not fulfilling

0 Likes
Members_rhhmVto
First Poster
Options

My wife S20FE is the same. She is logged in on Samsung Account as I signed out and back in again. I have also cleared the Cache & Data on Chrome. I have then typed in the URL and and it says "It appears that you are not eligible for this offer"

Which she is..

Enjoy 12 months of trying to get Disney+. 😠

This was one of the buying factors for getting this phone. (S20 FE).

I have done this previously when I got the Launch of S22 Ultra and had no issues putting it through.

So any help would be brilliant before she looses out on the offer.

Marty72
First Poster
Options
My subscription just expired. Tried to use the code and that's showing expired but should have time on it to use. Been a shambles of a promotion by the looks of it.
0 Likes
jon404
Student
Options

So discovered that Boost doesn't activate unless you're using the default standard Samsung browser. I'd switched to Chrome and it wouldn't activate on my device, switched back to the default browser and it started working. I am amazed this is not common knowledge by the support team. Hope it helps!

JacobFrye
First Poster
Options
I didn't even get to QR code .... its just not displaying .....Screenshot_20230516_181013_Brave.jpg
0 Likes
SinthAP
Student
Options
Same for me and many of us. They don't respond. It doesn't work on any browser.
0 Likes
jon404
Student
Options

Try on your Samsung device, set your default browser to the "Internet" browser by Samsung that came as default install. then go back through the process on https://www.samsung.com/uk/boost/disney/?cid=uk_ow_app_s-members_disney_join_benefit_none_boost_acqu...

This only worked for me directly on my s23 using that browser, it didn't work on Windows and Chrome. There appears to be a restriction by Samsung that restricts redeeming code to that browser on a valid device which makes sense I guess, however they don't communicate that this restriction exists or are even aware of it. I'd guess if you've set the browser back to default, they might have other restrictions around perhaps your app, device, region, network or vpn settings that you may be unintentionally running different than stock that conflicts with the Ts&Cs of the promotion.

0 Likes