Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney +

(Topic created on: 13-09-2022 07:28 PM)
EdBe
Apprentice
Options

I have been trying to obtain a Disney+ code for either of 2 devices I purchased, a Tab8 and S20FE. After multiple calls and several hours on the phone to Samsung (as well as being put through to Disney at one point!) I have got nowhere. Eventually a 'Technical Support' person took control of my phone after I had told them the Boost isn't working (about 8 times!) and they tried it and said "oh, it doesn't work". They said they would email me, but surprise surprise - nothing. I am not convinced the offer is valid! I have spent thousands with Samsung over the years, but following their appalling level of support, I am considering other manufacturers for all my devices now. Shame!

42 REPLIES 42
christianlowe
Navigator
Options
I've been trying to do mine even following a link sent via email encouraging me to claim my 12 free months. But when I log in it then says I'm not eligible when I am haha
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@christianlowe: On your eligible device, please head to Settings > Apps > Chrome > Storage > Clear data. Once this is done, open up the Chrome app and head to https://www.samsung.com/uk/boost/disneyplus/. When you are prompted to sign in, please select 'Sign in with Galaxy device' and follow the on screen instructions to claim. Let me know how you get on. 

EdBe
Apprentice
Options

After much procrastination, following your kind advice, it is finally sorted. Many thanks for your help, Samsung technical support could not even fix it with terrible advice and remote control of the device. I am very grateful. Shocking service from Samsung though!

christianlowe
Navigator
Options
Thanks Andrew I'll give this a try later
0 Likes
Prince_Huggy
First Poster
Options

I've tried all of this but nothing. Any other ideas?

Solution
EdBe
Apprentice
Options

I had to make sure my Samsung Account was already logged in on the phone (Settings > Accounts & Backup  > Manage Accounts > Samsung Account > xxxxx) then cleared Data (as above) and Cache in Chrome, then logged in via Galaxy Device (not logging in to Samsung with my email address and password that I log in to the Samsung website with) when following the link on the Disney Plus QR code.....

Explorer
Options
I'm facing the same issue. Cleared data & cache from Chrome but I still end up stuck in the sign in loop.
I've also tried on the Samsung browser where I get told that I'm not eligible for the offer but to make sure that I'm logged into my Samsung account on device (which I am) and try again. Of course it doesn't change anything.

I've wasted enough time as it is is trying to generate that Disney code so I'm simply not going to brother with it
0 Likes
jkalltheway
Pioneer
Options

Hi Andrew - I have a related issue.  Apparently, Samsung generated new codes from 01-Oct-2022; apparently, they sent some email to this effect a few days ago which I did not receive.  However, this is not my issue.

My issue is that I have been using Disney+ based on my previous Samsung purchase and my subscription currently expires on 07-Apr-2023.  However, I bought a new Samsung device last month.  When I generated a code today using Samsung Boost, it took me to Disney's website to redeem the just-generated code.....but I get the  "you already have an active subscription...." message.  I also read somewhere that the codes are valid until 31-MAR-2023 but my subscription expires only on 07-Apr-2023. 

What do I do so that I don't miss out on this promo ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
EdBe
Apprentice
Options

You can only use a code when your subscription is 'expired'. This they can do if you phone them. Phone to double check, they should confirm this, then you can call them on, say, 25th March 2023 and ask them to expire it prematurely and then activate a new 12 month subscription using the new code. Alternatively, activate the code at the end of March on a new email address and change login details on devices to the new email.

Call them, they are extremely helpful and easy to get hold of (24 hrs), the opposite of trying to get anywhere with  Samsung actually!