Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHL scam app

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 02:29 AM)
Ceecee76
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I'm that stupid. 

Currently waiting on a package and so fell for it and now I cant get the app off my phone.

It has change default sms to dhl and won't go back to messages. Have tried:
Uninstall as usual
Removed from play store.
Removed permissions

No matter what I do it just keeps defaulting back and is still on my phone. 

Samsung customer services said I have to to a factory reset as there is nothing else to be tried but that they don't recommend reinstalling WhatsApp, messages, pics, videos, files and docs etc

Needless to say, I'm not keen to do this. 
Anyone any ideas? 

I'm desperate 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Danielle286
First Poster
Options

Hey Ceecee76,

I'm not sure if you found a solution but I figured it out. Basically you want to go to settings, go down to privacy, go into permissions. It should show that the DHL app has full permission of your phone. Disable it. Then you'll be able to uninstall it. Fingers crossed this helps if needed.

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Please go to settings and click on app and then go to dhl and click on storage and go to the option clear data. Hope this works
0 Likes
Ceecee76
Apprentice
Options
It crashes every time I try to open the app in settings
0 Likes
iamcool133
Pioneer
Options
At that point just do a back up and reset your phone it will save you alot more hassle then you think
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
U will have to do factory reset and backup everything that's ur only option.
Ceecee76
Apprentice
Options
I've been told not to reinstall things like WhatsApp files music photos videos Samsung notes...like everything. I need stuff for work though. Also will I be able to get all that stuff back OK? Do I back up to am external hard drive?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You can get them back but I strongly advise setting new passwords on all online accounts you accessed from the affected device. You should be able to do Google and WhatsApp from a PC, as for the Samsung Account presumably it's possible too.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try Malwarebytes app on Play Store to see if it can be removed.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
U can back it up on one drive
0 Likes
Benoni
First Poster
Options
Run security check and it will flag DHL and give you the option to clear it !
I had it on my phone and I was getting calls from people who were asking me if I had a parcel for them !!!!
0 Likes