Did you mean: 

Device will be locked in 24 hours

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 08:14 PM)
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

So I guess this mess still exists!

Just got this popping up to say:
"This device will be locked in 24 hours as it is linked to an incompatible trade-in order from www.samsung.com.

Complete your trade-in order (by returning your old handset) to continue using this device.

I have proof they have received the device as it was sent special delivery and signed for this morning.  Surely it can't be our fault they can't process it quick enough?

I know it won't be condition related as the unit was in as new condition having been wrapped in cotton wool since day 1 but more importantly, I videod and took images using no less than their own S22 Ultra the unit + packing it and sealing in box.

Anyone know what the process is given they won't answer the phone?

Appreciate if anyone else has gone through this?

17 REPLIES 17
mystical
Apprentice
Options

OK so I managed to get through to the trade in team and they have marked my trade in device as received. 

Apparently this should put a stop to the device being locked out, so far the message is still there but they said it may take until tomorrow to disappear. 

0 Likes
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

So I just rang as well 0333 207 9676

It plays music then goes you are caller number....and goes blank without giving a number.  But if you wait, you do go through to them.

Have explained the situation - Slightly user-error in that by using the special delivery option, the trade-in number that is usually on their own label but as I did my own special delivery, it apparently does not get scanned.

Having said that, I did put the number in the box.

Having passed the tracking info, she said an update would be given and sure enough just now:

We have received your Trade-in device. No further action is required from you at this point and we'll send you another email once your device(s) have been processed.

The message on the phone is still on there however.

Finally, she did say the message will go away once they update Samsung the phone is received and processed fully as Samsung control this not them.

Spoke to Toni who was very helpful.

Lets see what happens - At this point, if it does still get blocked, I will either purchase a new phone for 21 days and return so I can pop the sim into it or just go for a replacement device on the grounds it is faulty with a message that won't go away.  Their call.

0 Likes
mystical
Apprentice
Options

Still waiting for the phone to be processed but looks like the message has disappeared from my phone

0 Likes
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

You're right - Mine has gone too 

I did get an email from Samsung Trade-in (help@tradeinresponse.co.uk) from the back of the email I sent via the notice on the phone just asking for order number etc.  Not sure if you did the same and it was them who removed but so far no locking of phone.

0 Likes
ch1982
Journeyman
Options

How long did it take for this to go?  I have been told my device has been returned etc but the message pops up all the time and it's been nearly two weeks now!

0 Likes
Tomtxu
Apprentice
Options
How long did this take to get resolved? I have a flight in 24 hours and just got this notification! Will be calling first thing tomorrow
ch1982
Journeyman
Options
Hi Tom

Mine has been saying the message now for two week. But I have confirmation it won't be locked. Samsung trade in took my IMEI to sort it.
0 Likes
Members_W2rFwkZ
First Poster
Options

I bought a new S21 fe from Samsung website in May 2022. On 26 Sep 2022 a notice appeared saying phone will be locked in 24 hours as it has been reported lost stolen or undelivered. Over 30 emails and hours of phone calls, message is still there. How can I remove it. Samsung customer service is appalling, no help at all. Any suggestions as to how I can remove this notice will be gratefully received.

0 Likes