Did you mean: 

Device will be locked in 24 hours

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 08:14 PM)
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

So I guess this mess still exists!

Just got this popping up to say:
"This device will be locked in 24 hours as it is linked to an incompatible trade-in order from www.samsung.com.

Complete your trade-in order (by returning your old handset) to continue using this device.

I have proof they have received the device as it was sent special delivery and signed for this morning.  Surely it can't be our fault they can't process it quick enough?

I know it won't be condition related as the unit was in as new condition having been wrapped in cotton wool since day 1 but more importantly, I videod and took images using no less than their own S22 Ultra the unit + packing it and sealing in box.

Anyone know what the process is given they won't answer the phone?

Appreciate if anyone else has gone through this?

17 REPLIES 17
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's almost certainly an automated message that automatically gets sent out.
You should get a confirmation email from them shortly of the trade in completion.
You did all the right things.
0 Likes
skykit84
Pioneer
Options

Thanks Glenntech - it is not the first time I've used the trade-in service having only really skipped the S21 since the S2.

Lets see what happens tomorrow /once the 24 hours pass.  My plan B is to keep buying/returning (a new unit) within 21 day period until it is resolved as I can't even go back to the old one...given they have it.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Jamesyjam
Journeyman
Options
I have received the same message today. I'm panicking as our lives are on our phones and I'm on holiday until Saturday so could be without a phone!

I've called support who have told me to email the address on the pop up. There's a long thread from 2021 where a lot of people went through this.

My royal mail tracking shows the device as delivered on the 2nd but I haven't had confirmation from Samsung they have my old device!
0 Likes
Ross96
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same message on my phone. I am extremely unhappy about it. I reported my screen as broken so condition isn't a problem, I have proof of postage too. 

I have emailed and called today but no further farward! 

Hopefully we all get it sorted :smiling-face: 

mystical
Apprentice
Options

Have got the same message on my phone too. The trade in was delivered today but so far no emails confirming receipt.

I'm guessing the phone will turn into a brick tomorrow? 😕

0 Likes
Matt1412
Pioneer
Options
I posted my s20 a week ago today, they received it last Wednesday and only just got an email from the today saying the trade in was complete so might take a couple of days to process
mystical
Apprentice
Options

Surely they should put a hold on bricking peoples devices until they have had time to process all the trade ins! 

skykit84
Pioneer
Options

I don't mind "delays" but to threaten to lock what is now in some ways a lifeline for people is ridiculous all because they can't get their finger out and process.

It's bad enough something like this can be done in the first place and we are all at the mercy of Samsung.

mystical
Apprentice
Options

Just tried calling the trade in people multiple times but they don't pick up the phone, the line is just constantly busy.

0 Likes