Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting uninvited followers

(Topic created on: 05-02-2023 12:21 PM)
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I have had a new member add me without my knowledge in the Samsung community. This person has only made two posts - both posts are what appears to be a mobile phone number. I have no idea why they have made such posts, but I want to be able to remove/block them. I know it sounds unfriendly, but I just find this person's actions a bit weird. Anybody know how to remove followers here?
17 REPLIES 17
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Tap on your profile icon beside the search icon and then tap on the My Profile option. There you will find followers written, tap on it, and from there you can remove followers.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not sure what you mean, Maggie. I opened my profile, then clicked on FOLLOWERS, but when I click on the unwanted follower, it just opens up their own profile details.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah your right, it doesn't work what you've been told. Maybe some of moderators may help you. I to get them added to mine.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Steven9761  Yes Blocking followers in not in the remit of Members, would need to ask Moderators for advice.   You can Block certain users sending you Private Messages if desired.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There is the option to remove Members you are following  but cannot make changes with Followers.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Followers are just watching what your posts, I guess they find you interesting.

Does it really matter that they are following you? It really has no impact on you
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
A: I seldom post.
B: when somebody follows me on any social media, then posts random things, such as a mobile phone number (no other comment - just the number), I find that a tad strange, if not outright suspicious.

Furthermore, there has been no interaction, such as a message saying hello. Its a bit like Facebook, where you have people that "collect" 5,000+ "friends". It's some sort of status symbol to be able to brag that "I've got more friends than you!". Its weird, and it's annoying.
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Did you alreafy find a way to get rid of uninvited followers? I am also interested in knowing how to get rid of some followers.

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
No - I've had no leads on how to remove uninvited disciples, so I guess I'll have to learn to cure the sick by the laying-on of hands, and turning water into wine instead. Lol