Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Delete texts function changed on new update.

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 06:57 AM)
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Hello, I'm guessing most folk on here will have gotten and done the new update. Versions 11 I think it is, over Easter I done it. 

Anyway, has anyone else noticed you can now only "move to recycle bin" texts that you could previously delete? And does anyone know how you enter this recycle bin so I can permanently delete my texts?

Thanks in advance 🙂🙂
6 REPLIES 6
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

if you go to gallery and press the 3 lines at bottom corner (I believe) it should come up with a list of options, 1 of them will say Recycle Bin. just tap that and your in! you can delete individuals or the lot by pressing empty at the top.

also if you go to settings and search recycle bin (normally under the heading File Settings) you can opt to turn it off so things just delete immediately rather than store for 30 days in the bin. I think anyways.

hope this helps :smiling-face:
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
I've done that, it only let's me delete photos not text messages???
0 Likes
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
oh sorry, it appears there isn't a way to stop this or delete them as of yet, I've scanned through lots of websites and forums and found this to be the common answer. some have suggested switching to Google messages app to bypass this. sorry I can't help more
0 Likes
Solution
HammyG
Journeyman
Options
Open the Messages app. Tap on the menu (3 dots) and there's a 'Recycle bin' option. From there you can delete all messages or select which ones you want to delete.

Screenshot_20210408-064801_Messages_24564.jpg

Screenshot_20210408-064821_Messages_24565.jpg

harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Cheers.
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, guys above sorted it fir me🙂👍