Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cancelled Orders Solution Anyone?

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 11:32 AM)
Bigsmoke79
Journeyman
Options

I am a Samsung mobile phone fan had phones as far back as the S2 (yes that far back) over the years I’ve bought and traded stuff in via the site had a few issues and customer service has never been great but this time they’ve outdone themselves!

I have now tried to preorder the S23 Ultra over 10x times from their UK site yes 10x times since last Friday! Like a few have reported here I get a email confirmation and 5 mins later a follow up email telling me it’s cancelled?? every single time! I talked to my bank, tried different cards, parents address everything still cancelled.

I contact customer service by phone, email and chat and all I am told after hours of endless nonsense is I don’t meet Samsung terms and conditions? now they have a lot of T and Cs so I kinda need them to be a wee bit more specific? so I try to raise a escalation only to be told I’m a high security risk end of complaint!! but nobody can tell me why? or what I’ve done? it’s shambolic! the standard of customer service is actually the worst I’ve experienced in the UK and that’s saying something.

In a market where they are trying to compete with Apple the customer service is like chalk and cheese! 

Anyway I’ve seen a few similar posts in these forums with people experiencing similar issues? has anyone found a way round it? or am I just too assume I’ve been randomly blacklisted for no apparent reason? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bigsmoke79
Journeyman
Options

Ok just to update should anyone else come across this thread and happen to have the same issue, I again this morning contacted Samsung by phone and give the details of the last cancelled order. Guy looked over the order for a few mins and came back to me and says everything is fine with the order but you’re gonna need to use a different email and mobile number and it will go through? now I’ve no idea why? I’ve over 15 orders on this account but anyway I done what he suggested and so far it’s been a good 3 hours and the order seems to be processing.

This may not work for everyone but if this is an issue try a new email and mobile number. 

View solution in context

18 REPLIES 18
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Why don't you order the phone from a retailer? The same deals are available.
0 Likes
Bigsmoke79
Journeyman
Options

I could but the trade in deal isn’t as good plus to be honest if I can’t buy it direct and they can’t tell me why? they clearly don’t want my custom so if they don’t sort it I won’t be buying any of their products ever again for anywhere. 

MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Can't you use a family members card to pay if it isn't on finance?? I know this isn't really a fix as such but at least you get the deal on the double upgrade and trade in offers
0 Likes
Bigsmoke79
Journeyman
Options

Your right I could but I am one of these people that think but why should I have to jump through hoops for them? if I can’t order it directly myself I simply won’t order and that’s me done with them 

MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Agree that you shouldn't be jumping through hoops. This launch has been a mess. I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, I ordered on day of launch and have seen people ordering much later than me who already have there phone
0 Likes
V6villan
Navigator
Options
Seriously put in a DSAR request. . Do you not want to know what info they have held against your name, to make them react like that . I would also be concerned whether they were sharing this type of data with other companies
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
This is an automated process and nothing you could do without a lengthy data request process and unlikely to change a thing.

The obvious ones are poor credit history, missing payments, overstretched financial, some areas delivery companies won't deliver to.

If you can get the phone elsewhere I'd suggest you do and continue the finding out process as a sideline.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
The launch hasn't been a mess at all it was last year! but this year customers have been getting there phones early myself included.

I've hardly seen any posts on here complaining about the launch.
0 Likes
V6villan
Navigator
Options
Not lengthy at all email the DSAR to them and they have 30 days from date of request to comply. If they don't comply then take it up with information commissioners office.