Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being refused finance with a 967 credit score

(Topic created on: 05-02-2022 06:34 PM)
McDoedd
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

Hoping someone from Samsung sees this and picks up on it for me as I've tried contacting customer services myself which ended up a complete waste of time.

I'm being refused credit by Samsung finance, despite Experian saying I have a credit score of 967 currently.  Super confused why Samsung think this means I can't be trusted with a £24 a month payment, any advice guys?

Cheers

14 REPLIES 14
Members_oQ7zolE
First Poster
Options

I have had the same experience.

I got an email from Samsung promoting 0% interest suggesting that I click the link to take advantage of their offers.

So I went online completed the purchase and at payment completed Samsung Finance application.

It rejected the application [my Experian score is 999]

It suggested I pay by credit card.

Web chat did not help. Nor did phone/email customer service.

So I am a potential customer with a perfect credit score rejected by Samsung. Maybe I will stick with Sony...

Members_xDnLna2
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have just had the exact thing happen to me. I have a credit score of 974 so excellent. I have been declined a 0% interest rate for a new Samsung phone. However, my husband applied through Apple and received the 0% interest rate straight away. We have a joint account, our names on all household accounts, both fully employed and yet I am still declined for the 0% interest rate. Either they are lying about their 0% special or I would like an explanation on what basis I was declined. 

0 Likes
ABNB
First Poster
Options
I had the same issue today. I got decline for a measly £200 per month when I have a £186k salary. Some of my dinners cost me more. Called Samsung and the guy was absolutely no help. He just said check with transunion for your score. The odd thing is that when I clicked on submit it came up with a declined in less than 2 seconds so either they are using super computers or the system didn't do a check. It failed on identity check. I also didn't receive an email after so probably more likely that their system is broken or samsung just have the 0% option but don't offer anyone the 0% and want people to go with the interest option. I am going to report this to the watchdog
0 Likes
slewis69
First Poster
Options

Just tried purchasing a Fold 5, over 12 months with Samsung finance, declined.  I have an Experian score of 985 and very high on all other credit agencies, could anyone explain?

0 Likes
f_u_sam_sung
First Poster
Options

I just had thisnissue with credit score of 991/999 so you know samsung go **** yourself end enjoy your lowest sales in a decade you deserve this for the lackluster responses we are getting here just like you decided to **** on your loyal note fans now your ineptitude will make thisnthe worse flagship launch you have had in a decade

0 Likes