Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being refused finance with a 967 credit score

(Topic created on: 08-06-2022 11:42 PM)
McDoedd
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

Hoping someone from Samsung sees this and picks up on it for me as I've tried contacting customer services myself which ended up a complete waste of time.

I'm being refused credit by Samsung finance, despite Experian saying I have a credit score of 967 currently.  Super confused why Samsung think this means I can't be trusted with a £24 a month payment, any advice guys?

Cheers

14 REPLIES 14
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
They're rubbish , had same issue with Klarna on 999 perfect score
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Have you tired a network provider or somewhere that sell phone on contract on their own
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually a person can't be told why they haven't been accepted from a Credit Check @RuthlessAfro24 

Their systems may only show an acceptance or declined status.

I'd advise to contact one or more of the Credit Houses, Experian being one, in order to check that nothing wrong has been recorded there.

It doesn't always come down to a credit score problem, or a certain time at the address. As a quick example, it can be due to the amount of incoming to outgoing payments. If a person has a mortgage and a car and something else on finance, then something else for the kids which is paid monthly, the credit check is ran to see if the customer can pay the finance (monthly cost) based on other payments per month. 

To add even a clear Credit File with good Credit Score does not guarantee acceptance.

It's also good practice to let 90 days elapse before making another application in order to let the Credit Score recover.

My colleague at work was refused by Klarna so ended up using PayPal Finance to pay for their Fold³

I wish all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
McDoedd
Apprentice
Options

Yes but sadly they either won't sele the phone without a contract or are out of stock entirely

0 Likes
McDoedd
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for detailed response.  Unfortunately all doesn't apply to me as all details were 100%, and don't have any serious outgoings other than 250 a month on rent.

Tried PayPal credit but this came up as an instant decline, I'm starting to think there's issues with the Samsung website as the declines come up almost instantly I think before any connection can be established.  Same thing on my phone and laptop. : /

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fair enough @RuthlessAfro24 

Then I wish you well in regards to financing your next purchase.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_UZTehvp
First Poster
Options

Had exactly the same my Credit score is 978 and Samsung Finance refused me credit.   No response in the online chatbox or anything. Dusgusting support.

nibeht
First Poster
Options

I used them for my s9 plus many years ago and recently finished paying for a samsung smart monitor using samsung finance.  Now trying to get samsung finance for s22 and they say cannot verify me ??????  Calling customer support is a waste of time.  

0 Likes
payaso25us
First Poster
Options

Just tried via samsung finance, it said try again later so i tried and tried, they it said try later… now i look like im scratching for credit. much calls and samsung told me to delete cookies, refresh etc… all the while the problem was my address missing a street.  now my other Pre Approved credits with a different company are gone. i was just trying a finance on an OLED TV from Samsung Finance. now my perfect credit rating is messed up. how do we  clear this up and hopefully restore my hard earned score? 

6C80D014-9FDA-4A88-89BC-4A4C7D176A64.png

0 Likes