Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up storage

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 11:47 PM)
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
Just had fingers burned losing all my data, docs and photos by not backing up and destroying my Galaxy S10, lesson learned, what are people using for backup, I'd like a simple all in one solution that can do everything at once, in one place as I believe the Samsung service doesn't do photos or docs anymore, suggestions appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Samsung Smart Switch to PC and Google Drive, you can also use Smart Switch to a MicroSD card
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
I don't actually have a PC/laptop. Unless I have set it up wrong I have to manually back up documents, the only thing that seems to be automatic is media files?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Possibly you do have to manually chose certain documents, either way if you don't have a PC then memory cards and cloud storage are the only options. Don't rely on one of either option alone because no real backup is to a single drive or location.
0 Likes
DigitalFungus
Apprentice
Options
I have literally lost 120gb of data by trying to back up things directly to my laptop (post 2 above this), everything was wiped except things saved to google photos.
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

try OneDrive, Google Drive and Google Photos apps 😉

you can also open your files on other devices

drive.google.com

photos.google.com

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
stevejd2000
Journeyman
Options
Don't you just end up with files all over the place doing it this way. I am hoping to find one solution that is a do all ideally
0 Likes