Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Apple iPhone or Samsung galaxy 🤔

(Topic created on: 06-12-2023 12:44 AM)
DanielWestbrook
Voyager
Options
Which is better, Apple iPhone, or Samsung Galaxy, never had an Apple iPhone, need assurance, to scared to change to iPhone and be completely dissaapointed, what do you guys think, all help/ advice is 💯 % WELCOME 👍 👌 💛 
Go to solution
28 REPLIES 28
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No. The sheer cost for one and secondly a high probability you end up ditching it, meaning even more cost.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
DanielWestbrook
Voyager
Options
Pros and cons list please 🙏 😌 🙂
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Lol question how many Samsung devices do you have and how many Apple will you get, or will it be a mix?

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
DanielWestbrook
Voyager
Options
Phone Samsung, had a galaxy watch 4 was *****. Gone to a smart casual analogue watch 👌

20231207_150635_1000022977_1701961616.jpg
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So really just a mobile swap, that said Apple do pull you into their ecosystem, and you will end up with the watch, airpods, Macbook.

Best thing is try an iPhone 15 in an Apple shop, if it floats your boat go for it.

PROS
Good residual value secondhand
Great camera, some say the best
Locked down so possibly more secure
Ecosystem is outstanding
Simple to use

CONS
Measily storage, 128GB most used by IOS
You will have to add an Cloud storage account, so £4 a month
Does not work well with Windows or anything non Apple
Expensive
A very boring UI, limited customisation
As someone mentioned you will shatter the screen easily
IOS updates in particular Watch are painful
No sideloading, Jailbreaking is a no no

DanielWestbrook
Voyager
Options
Thanx
0 Likes
RicD
Explorer
Options

"...If UK then blindly go for iPhone. ...", Ah, no! After eleven years iPhone only, with twenty-two plus years Apple only and Apple everything, in 2020 we switched to Samsung and Windows. Our liberation from Apple's walled garden was amazing and now we are stress free. We now are without compromises in the computing world.  We absolutely do not miss anything from Apple.  Keep in mind, with Apple once you turn on iMessage and Facetime Apple controls your devices and your phone number. Yes, it is in their tech documentation on their web site, unnerving. Doubt it, ask anyone having left Apple iPhone for any Android phone, if you do not follow the exact protocols all your text messages will not come to you ever. Your phone number is locked into the iMessage and Facetime servers, and Apple does not send messages to any device not configured on those servers; only Apple devices on those servers. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Update on this, I do still prefer Samsung phones on the whole, however for those that dont know I am now an iPhone owner and for one reason only, apples customer services, Samsungs pit fall is its customer care is none existent. Once you buy a Samsung phone your well and truly own your own

0 Likes
RicD
Explorer
Options

Hi AshtabS9Ultra,

Thank you for your comment. Yes, absolutely Apple tech support is stellar. In 2020 I was new to Samsung and Android. Often I needed their assistance, thus my experience with Samsung tech support was amazingly wonderful, as good and better than Apple. Thus to say, "...Once you buy a Samsung phone your well and truly own your own..." from my experience that comment is wholly untrue. Never had any negative issues with Samsung support, their techs were amazing, patient, and I loved they can tie into our devices. That is one of the many reason why I have not missed Apple. 

Suggestion, please look at your sentence"...Once you buy a Samsung phone your well and truly own your own..." the first own should be on, also your is incorrect as it should be either you're or you are. Yes, when spoken your and you're sound the same. Yet, when written your and you're have completely unrelated meanings and usages. Recall, when your is written that which follows in the sentence belongs to the person you are writing to. Hope this helps you and others. Sadly, your for you're or you are, is very much an all too common grammar and spelling error. Cordially.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Apologies for errors I didn’t proof read afterwards. Samsung customer service is shambolic and I will shout about it forever. Read my posts about the s24 ultra, I was left with no phone for 3 months and I was £190 out of pocket as well as they ripped me off. I have since recovered £100. Apple if you phone goes wrong you have one within 24 hours and that’s why I say if you buy a Samsung phone your on your own 

0 Likes