Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 breaking YouTube

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 03:48 PM)
The_Mighty_Spoon
Apprentice
Options
Ever since i updated to android 13 some apps have had some very strange issues, discord sometimes just have all the icons disappear and have major issues with Bluetooth.

But the worst one is with youtube, sometimes i become unable to exit the app in any way, home button does nothing, i have to try and open apps via the side menue and rotate the phone several times to escape it.

How does one go back to android 12?
6 REPLIES 6
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Keep in mind that not all apps have been updated for android 13. Since android 13 is new and it will take time for developers to update their apps to android 13 and then publish it to fix issues.

You can't go back to android 12 easily. It would need you to reflash your whole device with stock android 12 rom from Samsung and doing so would wipe data on your phone and factory reset it.
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you tried to reinstall YouTube? I have no problem with YouTube on my S22 ultra with Android 13. And like JakeSully said not every app has update there app to support Android 13 fully yet.
The_Mighty_Spoon
Apprentice
Options
I tried but still was experiencing the issue.

Guess i will just have to wait or something.
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I now it's a pain but i would suggest that you restore your phone and see if the update made some hickup with your phone.
The_Mighty_Spoon
Apprentice
Options
Not really on the table for moment but i will consider it if my problems get any worse.
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Good luck, i hope it will be sorted out for you.