Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Generated - Pictures and Posts

(Topic created on: 30-05-2024 07:29 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Spotting what I think is a slow and steady trend on this forum and others.

They are generally easy to spot, especially the posts, but what are everyone's thoughts, is it a good or not so good thing?

As we are pushing more into the Generative AI future is it expected.

Personally I like to see someones forum personality, spelling and grammatical errors, unrobotic comments.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
10 REPLIES 10
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yeah it's usually easy to spot the AI stuff as it looks normally bad and fake
Guess it's something to get used to now.
Think it will be more of a problem for competitions really. Some over edited photos could be confused with AI generated stuff.

That said I've seen some really imaginative people do some great pictures just using AI. So future artists I think.

At the moment some spam sites with AI, but eventually it will become more normalised.
To think about when photographers started editing their compositions. That was seen as not real photos etc.
Now it's all a part of producing images
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
AI generated photo are awful, I can accept edited photos but AI one, nope that doesn't work for me as there is no skill in it

Taking a decent photo is an artform, take time and effort to get it right
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I never realised until a few months ago most news sites are just churning each other's articles using AI or just using it to write posts.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
cymraeg
Helping Hand
Options
I personally dont belive in it being a photographer but for future artists it will be amazingif if thats what you are looking to do You can generate anything which is not real. I personally love to seek out magical.places and take the effort to capture them which is an experience in it self. My pictures are real with just a little editing sometimes Lot more satisfaction for me personally. But it's going to get worse for us photographers unfortunately so I am hoping my customers will still want the personal touch to an image that tells a story.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
100% it's like a GENZ thing, quick, easy, no effort option.

cymraeg
Helping Hand
Options
Exactly that we must be getting old well I am anyway lol.
cymraeg
Helping Hand
Options
Love this 100 per cent with you on this one. 👏
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
100% agreed 👍 me too

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

We are given new tools to use and in general I'm sure many will use this the correct way. 

Unfortunately there will always be an element that does not. 

I've embraced Ai features on my phone in some ways especially the circle to search. 

I've used the features once to remove a random person in a photo I had taken but that's been it. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes