41 REPLIES 41
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
120hz and WQHD
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
120hz fhd all day long, put it on 60hz this morning to see if there was a big difference in battery life for the day but only lasted for about a hour till I switched it back, rather have worse battery life than feel sea sick
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I use 96hz FHD+ on my S20 Plus with power saving on at the same time.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yeah adamlee it is all too easy for we Ultra owners to show off but let's try and show some humility mate!..🤣🤣👍👍
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
does the S20 ultra now have variable refresh rate when I had that device it didn't and the battery life is still a sore subject and for all of the hyper that camera module have got when it was released it was like a real living mean it was that bad I was embarrassed I bought that device really big tit up on Facebook and other places before it was released I'm a sucker for a hypetrain was left with my an ***** especially as I'm fronting the war on IOS myself it's my pet hate the Apple ecosystem and the lockdown gives you plenty of time to highlight why
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
you can download an app all there's a feature you can use to literally check your phone screen refresh rate at anytime you like there's not many things available for you to benefit from the full 120hz there's only certain apps and games really media content is slow to take up 120hz so personally I would go for the 60hz with the highest resolution variable refresh rate or adaptable refresher however they with Samsung word it
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
any reason why you have it at 96 Hz a random number unless there's something specifically you use that benefits
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
there is an app that was made for the s20 that let you change the refresh rate to 96hz or 120hz and I choose to use 96hz as I see no difference between 96hz and 120hz and also because 96hz uses less battery than 120hz.
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
sorry must have explained myself correctly what I meant by that was what apps have you got or what is optimised for the 96 Hz unusual number to be able to choose one of the other why is 96 why not just 90 or 95 round it off that's what I was thinking but still thank you for letting me know about that app is it an official Samsung app or Google app but third party just I will pass that information on to anybody who it may benefit
0 Likes